Icon stuntman Nick “Apex” Brocha has made a name for himself in the exclusive world of motorcycle drifting.
Last January, Brocha appeared in a video when he piloted a stretched 2005 Kawasaki ZX10-R and went head-to-head in a high-speed drift battle with a Corvette-powered Mazda RX-7 driven by Jim Guthrie (video here).
But this year Brocha returns with his Empire stunt teammate, Ernie Vigil, and both are on new machinery – stretched Triumph Speed Triple motorcycles built by Roaring Toyz.
In the video above, the two get into a drift battle with Police Officer Dan Brockett, who is behind the wheel of a 550-horsepower Ford Mustang Cobra. Even if you despise such acts, it’s hard to deny talent.
Speaking of the video, Icon says: “Low traffic, perfect asphalt and endless twisties have kept them busy resurfacing roads with their rear tires for weeks. The only problem is the local authorities have had enough. Enter Police Officer Dan Brockett, the only man with the muscle to keep these two in sight. His 550 horsepower Ford Mustang Cobra was built for speed and he’s got a license to use it…”
Riding Style: Icon Apparel (Nick Apex & Ernie Vigil):
- Helmets: Icon Variant Helmet
- Jackets: Icon Overlord Prime Jacket
- Gloves: Icon Justice Touchscreen Glove, Icon Overlord Short Glove
- Pants: Icon Overlord Prime Pant
- Boots: Icon Reign Waterproof Boot
- Icon Apparel (Dan Brockett):
- Icon Alliance Helmet
- Gloves: Icon Justice Touchscreen Glove
- Boots: Icon 1000 Elsinore Boot
- Canon 5D MKII, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 16-35f2.8
- Panasonic AF100, 7-14 f3.5, 45-200 f4-5.6, 14-140 f4-5.6
- Panasonic GH1 (hacked)
- GoPro Hero
- RC Car: Traxxas Slash VXL Ultimate + 11.1v 5000mah LiPo
- “She Don’t Know” by: Five Horse Johnson, Courtesy of Rumblefish Music Licensing Store
- “Odella” by: Five Horse Johnson, Courtesy of Rumblefish Music Licensing Store
- Original Music by: Lehtmojoe performances by: Cory Graves, Mark Moncrieff, and Jonathon Pounds