2012 Honda Motorcycle
When Honda enthusiasts hear the word Interstate, they likely conjure up images of the mega-touring machine, the Gold Wing Interstate.
But the modern Interstate, the VT1300CT, is far from that touring Gold Wing. Today, the Interstate is part of Honda’s custom crusier line. And for 2012, Honda continues to offer the Interstate without change from the 2011 cruiser, and with optional ABS.
The Honda Interstate was designed to capture the eyes of riders who want to motorcycle that can not only travel vast distances, but also look stylish when doing so.
From the hard leather bags that offer ample storage, to the traditional windscreen, the 2012 Honda Interstate VT1300 CT provides much comfort without losing any customized cruiser appeal.
And if the rider wants to further customize the 2012 Honda Interstate, Honda offers many of its Genuine Accessories, including: Custom Grips, Boulevard Screen (smoke), 24L Saddlebag (plain/studded), 18L Saddlebag (plain/studded), Saddlebag Bracket (18L/24L), Touring Bag (plain/studded/fringed), Front Pouch (plain/studded/fringed), Tank Belt (plain/studded), Backrest & Pad (low/tall), Rear Carrier Mounting Bracket, Rear Carrier, Passenger Floorboard, Engine Guard, Foot pegs, Custom Rider Seat, Chrome Side Cover, PIAA Driving Light, Braided Lines (Throttle Cable/Clutch Cable/Front Brake Hose/Rear Brake Hose), Digital Audio System, Audio Attach Kit, Master Cylinder Caps (fluted/”V”design/neo-retro), Billet Dipstick, Fork Nut Covers, Side Cover, Billet License Plate Frame (fluted/”V”design/neo-retro).
Following are the specs, color options and MSRP for the 2012 Honda Interstate.
2012 Honda Interstate Specs:
- Model: VT1300CT / VT1300CT ABS
- Engine Type: 1312cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
- Bore and Stroke: 89.5mm x 104.3mm
- Compression ratio: 9.2:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 38mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Suspension Front: 41mm fork; 4.0 inches travel
- Rear: Single shock; 3.9 inches travel
- Brakes Front: Single 336mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear: 296mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Optional ABS and CBS (VT1300CT ABS) will be available in Black color only
- Tires Front: 140/80-17
- Rear: 170/80-15
- Wheelbase: 70.3 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 33.0°
- Trail: 118.0mm (4.6 inches)
- Seat Height: 26.8 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gallons
- Estimated Fuel Economy: 46 mpg
- Curb Weight: 712 pounds (VT1300CT) / 728 pounds (VT1300CT ABS)
2012 Honda Interstate Color Options/MSRP:
- Dark Red Metallic / $13,240
- Black / $13,249
- Black ABS/CBS (ABS available in Black color only) / $14,240
Availability: January, 2012