2012 Husqvarna TC 449 | Preview
2012 Husqvarna Motorcycle
The list of upgrades are endless on the 2012 TC449, the Husqvarna premier motocross machine receiving additional muscle in the motor and an overhauled chassis.
As for the engine, the 449.6cc fuel-injected four-stroke receives “new valve timing, and DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating on the connecting rod for less friction and longer life.”
Husky says the 2012 TC 449’s ignition features new settings and a dual-map configuration, with the possibility to change the map while the engine is on by way of a switch on the handlebar.
The TC449 also arrives stock with a larger airbox with a revised velocity stack claimed to increase mid-range power, and high-performance WP radiators.
Husky says: “These revisions alone create a surprising power increase across the RPM-range on the 2012 TC449.”
In the chassis department, the platform was updated to create additional “overall balance while also effectively managing the TC 449’s big power, ensuring the useable torque grips the ground with the utmost efficiency.”
Husky says: “The new all-black chromoly frame is updated with structural reinforcement in key areas, making it stronger and more rigid. The Kayaba 48mm closed-cartridge fork and Kayaba shock body are re-tuned for the specific demands of U.S. motocross. The shock also receives a progressive spring, which is softer on the initial stroke and allows the rear to settle in, helping to iron out the overall front- to-rear balance of the TC 449 for optimum handling.
“Like its TE and TXC counterparts, the TC 449 upgrades to the single-piece tail section that is narrower and streamlined for better ergonomics. The wiring harness is also lighter and simplified, utilizing higher-quality materials.”
Following are the highlights, specs and MSRP for the 2012 Husqvarna TC 449.
2012 Husqvarna TC449 Highlights
- NEW Dual-map ignition with handlebar-mounted hard/soft switch
- NEW Valve timing creates significant all-over power boost
- NEW Airbox with larger intake and revised velocity stack for more mid-range torque
- NEW DLC coating on connecting rod for less friction and extended life
- NEW Kayaba suspension front and rear tuned for specific demands of U.S. motocross
- NEW Progressive shock spring is softer on the initial stroke, improving overall balance
- NEW All-black chromoly frame is stronger and more rigid with key reinforcement and new plates near steering stem
- NEW Cooling system upgraded with high-performance WP radiators
- NEW Streamlined single-piece tail section is narrower and lighter
- NEW Wiring harness redesigned to be simpler and more direct
- NEW IPD (in-mold plastic design) graphics in striking new black/red color scheme
- NEW Silver anodized Excel rims
- Electric start
- Five-speed gearbox operated by Brembo hydraulic clutch.
- Polished Grimeca hubs front and rear
- Brembo brake hydraulics and Braking rotors
2012 Husqvarna TC449 Specs:
- Displacement: 449.6cc
- Bore x Stroke: 98 x 59.6mm
- Gears: 5
- Starting: electric
- Front Suspension: 48mm Kayaba closed-cartridge
- Rear Suspension: fully-adjustable Kayaba shock
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal
- Wheelbase: 58.7 in
- Seat Height: 37.9 in
- Curb Weight: 240.0 lbs
2012 Husqvarna TC449 MSRP: