2011 AMA Enduro Cross
The second round of the 2011 GEICO AMA EnduroCross presented by Lucas Oil heads to Everett, Washington, this Saturday. Many riders will be challenging the king of EnduroCross, KTM’s Taddy Blazusiak.
Mike Brown, Blazusiak’s KTM teammate, showed great speed at the X Games opener and re-passed Taddy multiple times in their battle early in the main event.
Brown is hungry for his first ever EnduroCross win. Geoff Aaron, now riding a GEICO Honda looked set to take the X Games win before a trip over the bars pushed him back to an eventual fifth place finish so he is hungry for redemption.
The Monster Kawasaki team has two young guns set to challenge for the win and Justin Soule already got a taste of the podium at X Games and his teammate Taylor Robert has put more emphasis on EnduroCross practice and a full assault on the series for 2011.
Those are just a few of the riders that will be fighting for the podium. Below is a quick rundown of the top riders planning to compete:
- Taddy Blazusiak: 2009 and 2010 GEICO EnduroCross Champion and 2011 X Games Enduro X Gold Medal winner.
- Mike Brown: 2009 WORCS Champion, 2001 AMA 125 MX Champion and 2011 X Games Enduro X Silver Medalist.
- Justin Soule: Third in 2010 EnduroCross Championship and 2011 X Games Bronze Medalist.
- Geoff Aaron: 2009 and 2010 GEICO EnduroCross Championship runner up and 10x AMA Trials Champion.
- Cody Webb: 2010 AMA Trials Champion. Finished on the podium at 2010 Vegas final and now full time for EX.
- Taylor Robert: Multi time WORCS Championship race winner now riding for Monster Kawasaki and committed to competing in the GEICO EnduroCross series for 2011.
- Kevin Rookstool: One of the few riders to qualify for every EnduroCross main event in 2010. The Oregon rider led the X Games main event for a few laps.
- Jacob Argubright: Top young off road racer that is dedicating more time to EnduroCross in 2011.
- Rory Sullivan: Another Pacific Northwest rider that has the speed to surprise the regular front runners.
- Colton Haaker: Two time EnduroCross Junior Champion that is now aiming for race wins on his Lucas Oil KTM.
- Gary Sutherlin: Finished third in Everett in 2010 and sixth in the championship.
- Kyle Redmond: GEICO Honda rider that finished fifth in the 2010 EnduroCross Championship.
- Jamie Lanza: Zip Ty Husqvarna factory rider that is always a threat to the established stars.
- Bobby Prochnau: The top Canadian off road rider that rides the team RPM KTM (based near Seattle).
- Wally Palmer: Perhaps the most exciting rider on the track with his crazy antics has the speed to challenge the leaders.
If you live anywhere in the Pacific Northwest, you can make plans for an awesome day and night of action. The pit area and Comcast Arena are open for FREE all day to the public to watch the riders practice and qualify for the evening program. But if you want a seat for the main events, you better get a ticket since this event was a sellout last year.
Ticket information for all of the GEICO EnduroCross events can be found at EnduroCross.com.