2012 Harley CVO Road Glide | Preview
2012 Harley-Davidson Road Glide
Harley-Davidson continues to offer customers a truly-custom machine with its Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) models, such as the 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom.
The CVO Road Glide arrives for 2012 with the normal, shark-nosed styling, but with many fresh updates, such as a high-output sound system and brushed-nickel Skull fuel tank and fairing medallions.
This limited production H-D motorcycle – only 2,100 units produced – features Harley’s most powerful engine, the Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110 engine, which has 122 ft. lbs. of torque.
For 2012, the Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide arrives in 2012 with three different colors.
- White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black with Real Smoke graphic (Black seat with gold stitching)
- Maple Metallic and Vivid Black with Real Smoke graphic (Black seat with grey stitching)
- Candy Cobalt and Twilight Blue with Real Smoke graphic (Brown seat with gold stitching)
Each Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide features a black powdercoat powertrain, color-matched inner fairing and speedometer/tachometer housing, color-matched upper fork sliders, license plate light cover, and rear fender strut covers.
Harley-Davidson says: "The CVO Road Glide Custom features a distinctive, frame-mounted fairing that offers a lighter steering feel than a fork-mounted fairing, and incorporates dual headlamps and a cockpit-style instrument display. Its Harley-Davidson Touring chassis has a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and two-piece swingarm designed to deliver responsive maneuverability and long-haul durability.
"Chassis geometry and suspension are calibrated to deliver confident handling and comfort. Hand-adjustable hydraulic rear shocks accommodate variable passenger and luggage loads. An Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and cruise control are standard equipment."
2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide Custom Features:
- Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110 engine with 110-cid (1803cc), rubber-mounted within the frame, is rated at 122 ft. lbs. of torque at 3750 rpm. The engine is equipped with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), and is mated to a 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission.
- New Heavy Breather engine air intake with a black aluminum cover and bright aluminum "cut back" details over an exposed air filter element.
- Black billet aluminum muffler end caps with chrome spears on chrome dual exhaust with four-inch touring mufflers.
- New high-output amplified audio system with 100 watts of power per channel (200 watts total) and MTX Audio two-way, five-by-seven-inch fairing-mount speakers and two-inch dash-mount tweeters. Amplifier is located within the fairing. Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio radio features CD/AM/FM/WB. The system includes an 8GB Apple iPod nano with an etched Bar & Shield logo, iPod radio interface and iPod holder located the right-side saddlebag.
- New custom two-piece seat with diamond-pattern contrast stitching; thread or cover color-coordinated to motorcycle paint color. Passenger pillion is removable.
- New black internally wired handlebar with matching black hand controls.
- New Wind Splitter aerodynamic smoked windscreen.
- New color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console with illuminated CVO graphic insert.
- New brushed-nickel Skull fuel tank and fairing medallions.
- Contrast Chrome Agitator Custom wheels (19-inch front, 18-inch rear) with matching Agitator floating front brake rotors.
- Harley Rumble Collection features black rubber with brilliant chrome highlights on the rider footboard inserts, passenger footpeg inserts, shifter pegs, brake pedal, and hand grips.
- Injection-molded, extended hard saddlebags; color-matched rear fascia with LED brake/turn lights.
- Harley-Davidson Customer Care package includes a tool kit, microfiber detail cloth and H-D jiffy stand coaster.
The 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom has a suggested U.S. retail price of $30,699. Production will be limited to approximately 2,100 units.
For 2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide Custom specs, click here.