2011 Trials World Championship
Toni Bou took his fifth victory in the 2011 Trial World Championship after a dominating win Sunday at Montecrestese in Italy.
At round 6 of the 2011 Trial World Championship, the Repsol rider beat out his main rival Adam Raga (Gas Gas) by eight points. With his success, Bou now has an 18-point lead over Raga.
Repsol says "Once again, Toni Bou showed his extraordinary good form from the first minutes of the competition. At the end of an exceptional first lap to the demanding Italian track, he already had six points of advantage over his nearest rival. A margin that increased by two more points in the second lap, securing another win in the World Championship."
The next round will be the British Grand Prix, that will take place on July 31 in the Scottish town of Fort William.
Toni Bou (Repsol Trial World Championship) says: "I have no secret at all to set differences in the first lap. Indeed, to go out first makes things even more complicated, but I try to be as focused as possible and take my time, without rushing in. To have a good margin on top of the classification -18 points now- also helps. I hope I will be able to keep this trend the rest of the season."
2011 Trial World Championship: Italy Results
1. Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) 6 points
2. Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 14 points
3. Takahisa Fujinami (Repsol Montesa Honda) 26 points
4. Jeroni Fajardo (Ossa) 27 points
5. Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 27 points
2011 Trial World Championship Points
1. Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) 115 points
2. Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 97 points
3. Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 86 points
4. Takahisa Fujinami (Repsol Montesa Honda) 84 points
5. Jeroni Fajardo (Ossa) 73 points