Isle of Man TT: Superstock Race Results
2011 Isle of Man TT
There appears to be a trend forming in the 2011 Isle of Man TT. In Saturday’s Dainese Superbike race, Padgett Honda’s Bruce Anstey was forced to retire, but the Kiwi rider went on to win today’s Supersport 1 Race.
And in that same Supersport race, Street Sweep Kawasaki’s Michael Dunlop was forced to retire while in the lead. But just as Anstey, Dunlop was able to redeem himself in the Royal London 360 Superstock race Monday afternoon, where he was victorious by a large margin.
How large? Dunlop finished the IOMTT Superstock race 19.34 seconds ahead of Saturday’s Superbike winner John McGuinness (Honda TT Legends CBR1000RR), and over 23 seconds ahead of the man in third, Guy Martin (Relentless Suzuki GSX-R1000.
Completing the top five in IOMTT Superstock were Keith Amor and William Dunlop, both on Honda CBR1000RR superstock machines.
This was Dunlop’s second IOMTT win; he is the son of the famed Robert Dunlop, who has won five IOMTT races.
As for Anstey, he was forced to retire before the end of lap one.
2011 IOMTT Royal London 360 Superstock Race Results (Monday, June 6):
1. Michael Dunlop / 2011 Kawasaki ZX10R 1000cc / 04:19.52/ 134.551 mph
2. John McGuinness/ 2011 Honda CBR1000 999cc / 04:21.17 / 133.704 mph, +00:19.34
3. Guy Martin / 2011 Suzuki GSXR 999cc
4. Keith Amor / 2010 Honda CBR 1000cc
5. William Dunlop / 2009 Honda CBR 1000cc
6. Cameron Donald / 2010 Honda CBR1000 1000cc
7. Dan Kneen / 2011 Kawasaki ZX10R 1000cc
8. Michael Rutter / 2011 Ducati 1098 1200cc
9. Adrian Archibald / 2010 BMW S1000RR 1000cc
10. James Hillier / 2011 Kawasaki ZX10R 1000cc