Road America SportBike: Friday Report
2011 AMA SportBike
After winning every round but the latest in Miller Motorsports Park, Team Latus Ducati’s Jason DiSalvo set the pace Friday for the opening day of Round 4 in Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wis.
DiSalvo piloted his 848EVO to a 2:20.356, which was two-tenths of a second faster than the only other rider to win a round this season (Miller), Team Graves Yamaha’s Josh Herrin.
Rounding out the top five were Danny Eslick (GEICO Suzuki GSX-R600), PJ Jacobsen (Celtic Racing Ducati 848EVO) and Dane Westby (M4 Suzuki GSX-R600).
2011 Road America AMA Daytona SportBike Friday Qualifying Results:
- Jason DiSalvo: Ducati 848EV0 / 2:20.356
- Josh Herrin: Yamaha YZF-R6 / 2:20.356
- Danny Eslick: Suzuki GSX-R600 / 2:20.543
- PJ Jacobsen: Ducati 848EVO / 2:21.346
- Dane Westby: Suzuki GSX-R600 / 2:21.381
- Tommy Aquino: Yamaha YZF-R6 / 2:21.555
- Cory West: Suzuki: GSX-R 600
- Cameron Beaubier: Yamaha: YZF-R6
- Jake Holden: Ducati 848 EVO
- Taylor Knapp: Suzuki GSX-R600