Marc Marquez turned 18 Thursday, and he celebrated it at the Estoril Circuit, in Portugal, where the third and last day of Moto2 tests took place as scheduled.
The weather gave the Repsol rider a break and he was able to complete 30 laps in the Portuguese track with a fastest time of 1 minute, 43 seconds and 2 tenths.
After two day in which the rain and win prevented him from training in Estoril, today Marc Marquez was able to go out to the track and keep gathering kilometers on his Moto2.
Despite the track not being completely dry and the high wind, the sun had warmed the asphalt up to a temperature of around 20ºC after noon.
That is when the Repsol Moto2 rider finally took the track after two days of frustrating wait as a dry line had formed where the riders could ride with some safety.
Marc Marquez completed 30 laps to the scene of his epic victory last October. He has only focused on finding new references for the intermediate class. The track not being in perfect conditions, the rider and his team ruled out trying different options in his Moto2 bike. This work will be done in the following tests sessions that will take place at the Jerez Circuit.
Marc Marquez (Repsol Moto2) says: "We could not try what we had in the program for this tests because the weather did not allow us to run in normal conditions, so I only did some laps. I tried nothing new because the track was not completely dry and there was only a narrow dry line.
"I just focused on gathering kilometres with the Moto2 and start taking reference points of this circuit. The feeling was good and now we have to start planning the next tests in Jerez".
Moto2 Estoril Test, Unofficial results
1. Simone Corsi (FTR), 1:42.4
2. Thomas Luthi (Suter), 1:42.4
3. Claudio Corti (Suter), 1:42.4
4. Alex De Angelis (Motobi), 1:42.5
5. Jules Cluzel (Suter), 1:42.7
6. Michele Pirro (Moriwaki), 1:42.7
7. Mike Di Meglio (Tech 3), 1:42.8
8. Pol Espargaró (FTR), 1:43.0
9. Valentine Debise (FTR), 1:43.0
10. Kenan Sofuoglu (Suter), 1:43.0
11. Scott Redding (Suter), 1:43.2
12. Marc Márquez (Suter), 1:43.2
13. Mika Kallio (Suter), 1:43.3
14. Mattia Pasini (FTR), 1:43.5
15. Stefan Bradl (Kalex), 1:43.6