SX Lites Results
The Western Supercross Lites action at Anaheim 2 provided the majority of the motorcycle racing highlights at Angel’s Stadium. After a crash fest in the LCQ, the main SX Lites event saw the battle for the best in the west heat-up to new levels.
Despite breaking his left pinky finger in practice today, Monster Energy Pro Circuit Josh Hansen, on his Kawasaki KX 250 F, won his third Western Regional Supercross Lites of 2011.
Hansen got the hole shot in a hotly contest start with many riders racing for position. Red Bull’s Ken Roczen on the 2011 KTM 250 and Geico Honda’s Eli Tomac on the CRF 250R made it clear they were here to put up a fight.
As the leaders rounded their way through turn one with just inches separating them to start the Western Regional Supercross Lites class main event, it was Hansen followed by Tomac and Roczen.
On lap two of the SX Lites race, Roczen moved around Tomac, but five laps later, Tomac returned the favor moved back into the number-two position. All of this was happening within sniffing distance to Josh Hansen.
Tomac and Hansen traded places for the lead on lap 10 before Hansen used a decisive and very clean block pass move to secure the lead and ride to his third motorcycle race win of the season.
Honda’s Tomac finished second and while the KTM rider, Ken Roczen, finished third, marking the first podium of his young Supercross career.
Josh Hansen extended his West Supercross Lites championship points lead to eight over his teammate, Broc Tickle who made up ground on the led pack and finished a close fourth.
2011 Supercross Lites West Results: Anaheim 2
1. Josh Hansen, Elbert, Colo., Kawasaki
2. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda
3. Ken Roczen, Mattstedt, Germany, KTM
4. Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Kawasaki
5. Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Yamaha
6. Martin Davalos, Cairo, Ga., Suzuki
7. Ryan Morais, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki
8. Bruce Rutherford, Murrieta, Calif., Kawasaki
9. Ryan Marmont, Woonona, Australia, KTM
10. Jimmy DeCotis, Peabody, Mass., Honda
2011 Supercross Lites West Point Standings
1. Josh Hansen, Elbert, Colo., Kawasaki – 113
2. Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Kawasaki – 105
3. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda – 91
4. Ryan Morais, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki – 84
5. Cole Seely, Corona, Calif., Honda – 70
6. Ken Roczen, Mattstedt, Germany, KTM – 69
7. Martin Davalos, Cairo, Ga., Suzuki – 60
8. Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Yamaha – 60
9. Tyla Rattray, Wildomar, Calif., Kawasaki – 58
10. Jimmy DeCotis, Peabody, Mass., Honda – 51
The SPEED TV schedule has the Supercross Lites 250 class being shown at 5:00 p.m. EST followed by the Supercross 450 class at 4:00 p.m. EST on Sunday, Feb. 6.
You can also catch the next round of the motorcycle racing action live as the AMA SX heads to Houston’s Reliant Stadium next Saturday.