Supercross Stewart Video
With four of 17 rounds of the 2011 AMA Supercross Championship already in the history books, only two riders were victorious: Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto, and San Manuel Yamaha’s James Stewart.
And it was Stewart who took the number-one spot at the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Saturday evening, the Haines City, Fla., native leading 18 of 20 laps. He was joined on the podium by Two-Two Motorsports Honda rider Chad Reed and the reigning champions, Rockstar Makita Suzuki rider Ryan Dungey.
Stewart has a two-point lead over Villopoto. In this YouTube video, Stewart comments on his victory at Oakland Supercross.
When the race kickstarted into action, Villopoto was the holeshot winner aboard his Kawasaki KX450F. Villopoto just edged out Reed on the CRF450, with Dungey (RMZ450) and Stewart (YZ450F) in tow.
Villopoto went down on the second lap, giving the lead to Stewart, who went on to lead the remaining 18 laps. Dungey maintained second for most of the race, but Reed passed on the last corner, robbing the position.
The 2011 Monster Energy AMA Supercross season continues next weekend in Anaheim, Calif., at Angel Stadium.
Supercross Class Results: Oakland
1. James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Yamaha
2. Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Honda
3. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki
4. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki
5. Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Suzuki
6. Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda
7. Kevin Windham, Centerville, Miss., Honda
8. Davi Millsaps, Carlsbad, Calif., Yamaha
9. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM
10. Ivan Tedesco, Murrieta, Calif., Kawasaki