2011 Yamaha Raptor 125 | ATV Preview
The all-new Raptor 125 introduces Yamaha performance and engineering to the entry-level or step-up sport ATV market. This is the first 125-class sport ATV from a major ATV manufacturer.
The Raptor 125 is a true-sport machine with a 124cc, two valve, single overhead cam engine, five-speed manual transmission, electric start, hydraulic disk brakes and five-way preload adjustable suspension.
All combined, the new 125 has the same great suspension components and handling characteristics of the award-winning Raptor 250.
The Raptor 125 also gets new Maxxis sport tires – 19-inches in front and 18-inches in back.
• Light and powerful 124cc, SOHC, four-stroke single produces a broad powerband.
• The engine is fitted with a single-axis counterbalancer to reduce vibration at the handlebars, seat, and footrests for a more enjoyable ride.
• Five-speed gearbox with manual clutch provides the flexibility to tackle pretty much any track or trail.
• Electric starting is standard equipment and works in any gear.
• Mikuni® 29mm carburetor provides light throttle pull and excellent throttle response across the rpm range.
• DC-CDI ignition system designed specifically for the Raptor 125 delivers optimum performance at all rpm levels.
• Three-chamber muffler, a proven design straight from the Raptor 250, is light, quiet, and boosts low- and midrange performance.
• The seat and handlebar position are designed to offer an ideal riding position and maximum rider comfort.
• Independent double-wishbone front suspension with five-way preload adjustable shocks gives 7.5 inches of wheel travel.
• Rigid and light swingarm is controlled by a 7.9 inches of wheel travel, for consistent wheel control and rider comfort.
• Low, 28.1-inch seat height provides rider comfort and allows optimal rider movement.
• Triple hydraulic disc brakes deliver excellent stopping power even in wet conditions.
• Easy-to-use eccentric chain adjuster means hassle-free chain maintenance.
• Wide 19-inch front and 18-inch rear Maxxis tires provide plenty of grip and awesome handling.
• Single 30-watt headlight boasts an aggressive look and offers great illumination.
• YFZ-type parking brake for parking convenience.
• Raptor and YFZ lineage rolled into one sporty looking package.
ATVs with engine sizes over 90cc are recommended for use only by rider’s age 16 years and older.