AMA MX: Hangtown 450 Video
Hangtown 450 MX Video
Chad Reed put himself in position to win the Hangtown AMA Motocross race on Saturday by taking the win in the day’s first moto.
In moto two, the Monster Energy Kawasaki rider needed to work his way through the field after finding himself deep inside the top 10 after the holeshot.
As the final minutes approached, he worked his way into winning position, passing GEICO Powersports Honda’s Brett Metcalfe, of Australia, for third, where he remained until the conclusion of the second moto.
"It was a good time (today)," said Reed. "Supercross didn’t go the way we wanted it to. With everything that’s happened in my life the last two weeks, I think I’ve spent two days on a bike. So to win so easily in the first moto and get the finish I needed in the second feels great."
Jagermeister KTM’s Mike Alessi, of Victorville, Calif., took the runner-up spot (4-1), winning the second moto and giving the brand new KTM 350cc motorcycle its first moto win in its debut. Honda Red Bull Racing’s Davi Millsaps, of Murrieta, Calif., grabbed the final podium spot in third, (3-2).
Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship
42nd Rockstar Energy Hangtown Classic
Round 1 of 12
2010 AMA Motorcross 450 Results (Moto 1 – Moto 2)
1. Chad Reed, Australia, Kawasaki (1-3)
2. Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., KTM (4-1)
3. Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Honda (3-2)
4. Brett Metcalfe, Australia, Honda (5-4)
5. Josh Grant, Riverside, Calif., Yamaha (2-10)
6. Ben Townley, New Zealand, Honda (6-7)
7. Ryan Sipes, Flaherty, Ky., Yamaha (7-8)
8. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki (10-6)
9. Ken DeDycker, Belgium, Yamaha (8-11)
10. Andrew Short, Smithville, Tex., Honda (15-5)
2010 AMA Motocross 450 Championship Points | Round 1
1. Chad Reed, Australia, Kawasaki, 45
2. Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., KTM, 43
3. Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Honda, 42
4. Brett Metcalfe, Australia, Honda, 34
5. Josh Grant, Riverside, Calif., Yamaha, 33
6. Ben Townley, New Zealand, Honda, 29
7. Ryan Sipes, Flaherty, Ky., Yamaha, 27
8. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki, 26
9. Ken DeDycker, Belgium, Yamaha, 23
10. Andrew Short, Smithville, Tex., Honda, 22
The Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship continues in two weeks, with round two from Freestone Raceway in Wortham, Texas and the Flagstar Bank Freestone National on Saturday, June, 5.Google+