SX Race Results
Rockstar Makita Suzuki’s Ryan Dungey won the inaugural Monster Energy AMA Supercross, a FIM World Championship, at the new Cowboys Stadium. This was the rookie’s fourth AMA Supercross class main event win on his Suzuki RM-Z450 in 2010. Over 49,082 motorcycle-racing fans attended the SX race.
Formost Kawasaki’s Nick Wey opened the AMA Supercross class main event by winning the Spike Holeshot on his KX450F. Dungey quickly passed Wey for the lead. After the first lap San Manuel Yamaha’s Josh Hill on his YZ450F and Honda Red Bull Racing’s Davi Millsaps on his CRF450R, trailed Dungey in second and third respectively.
Millsaps made his way around Hill on lap four to secure second place as Dungey extended his lead out front. Millsaps’ Honda Red Bull Racing teammate Trey Canard, on his CRF450R, made the pass for third place on lap nine.
Canard spent the rest of the race stalking Millsaps for the next 11 laps but was unable to make the pass. Dungey held on for the win, Millsaps finished second and Canard finished third.
Ryan Dungey Quote
"This was a big win for me tonight, but there are still a lot of races left to go," said Dungey. "The track got really rough tonight, so that kept me on my toes. I am looking forward to going to Jacksonville next weekend."
Rockstar Suzuki’s Blake Bagget won the Eastern Regional AMA Supercross Lites class main event on his RM-Z250, marking the first SX win of his career.
After nearly the entire field went down in turn one of the Eastern Regional AMA Supercross Lites class, Ryan Sipes won the Spike Holeshot Award.
The Lites’ point leader Christophe Pourcel remounted his Kawasaki KX250F in last place. At the end of lap one, Sipes led Palmetto Suzuki’s Troy Adams and Rockstar Suzuki’s Jake Moss who followed in second and third respectively on their RM-Z250s.
On the second lap, Adams and Moss collided, causing both of them to withdraw from the race. Bagget moved into second place following the crash and set his sights on Sipes. On lap 14, Bagget, a rookie this year, moved past Sipes and rode to victory. Sipes finished second and GEICO Powersports Honda’s Justin Barcia, on his CRF250F.
This has to be the longest season for both Yamaha’s James Stewart and Kawasaki’s Chad Reed as they watch the championship unfold with little control.
Blake Bagget Quote
"This is a dream come true," said Bagget with tears of joy running down his face. "I was following Ryan (Sipes) and he didn’t make any mistakes, so I had to be patient. Time was starting to run out and I dove inside and made the pass for the win."
Pourcel finished seventh and still holds a five-point lead in the Eastern Regional AMA Supercross Lites class championship.
2010 AMA Supercross Race Results: Arlington (Dallas)
1. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki
2. Davi Millsaps, Tallahassee, Fla., Honda
3. Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda
4. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki
5. Justin Brayton, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha
6. Josh Hill, Carlsbad, Calif., Yamaha
7. Kevin Windham, Centerville, Miss., Honda
8. Kyle Chisholm, Valrico, Fla., Yamaha
9. Jason Lawrence, Carlsbad, Calif., Yamaha
10. Tommy Hahn, Alvord, Texas, Suzuki
2010 Supercross Point Standings (Dallas)
1. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki, 239
2. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki, 215
3. Josh Hill, Carlsbad, Calif., Yamaha, 192
4. Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Honda, 174
5. Kevin Windham, Centerville, Miss., Honda, 161
6. Justin Brayton, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha, 152
7. Ivan Tedesco, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha, 143
8. Nick Wey, Murrieta, Calif., Kawasaki, 122
9. Kyle Chisholm, Valrico, Fla., Yamaha, 105
10. Tommy Hahn, Alvord, Texas, Suzuki, 100
2010 Eastern Regional Supercross Lites Race Results: Arlington
1. Blake Bagget, Grand Terrace, Calif., Suzuki
2. Ryan Sipes, Vine Grove, Ky., Yamaha
3. Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda
4. Martin Davalos, Cairo, Ga., Yamaha
5. Austin Stroupe, Lincolnton, N.C., Suzuki
6. Matthew Lemoine, Collinsville, Texas, Suzuki
7. Christophe Pourcel, Groveland, Fla., Kawasaki
8. Mike Willard, Newark, Ohio, Honda
9. Tyler Futrell, Clinton, N.C. KTM
10. Steven Clarke, Cairo, Ga., Suzuki
2010 Eastern Regional AMA Supercross Lites Point Standings (Dallas)
1. Christophe Pourcel, Groveland, Fla., Kawasaki, 109
2. Austin Stroupe, Lincolnton, N.C., Suzuki, 104
3. Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda, 84
4. Ryan Sipes, Vine Grove, Ky., Yamaha, 77
5. Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Honda, 75
6. Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Suzuki, 71
7. Dean Wilson, San Jacinto, Calif., Kawasaki, 71
8. Martin Davalos, Cairo, Ga., Yamaha, 47
9. Nico Izzi, Albany, Ga., Yamaha, 41
10. Kyle Cunningham, Fort Worth, Texas, Honda, 40
SPEED will broadcast the Eastern Regional AMA Supercross Lites class at 5:00 p.m. EST on Sunday, March 21 and the AMA Supercross class at 6:00 p.m. EST.