2016 Honda Shadow Aero | Buyer’s Guide
Combining retro styling with Honda reliability and performance, the Honda Shadow Aero has been largely unchanged for a number of years. The fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, 745cc, 52-degree twin has a SOHC configuration, with three valve heads and two spark plugs per cylinder.
The front wheel has a single 296mm disc that has stopping power augmented by a fat 17-inch front tire. A 64.6-inch wheelbase works with 34 degrees of rake.
Flexy bars that are rubber-mounted make this a better urban bike than canyon cruiser. ABS will be an option for 2016, but Honda has not decided how that will impact the price of the highly affordable Shadow Aero.
Read our Honda Shadow Aero Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Honda Shadow Aero Specs:
- Engine: 745cc liquid-cooled 52o V-twin
- Bore x stroke: 79 x 76mm
- Compression ratio: 9.6:1
- Valve train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Carburetion: PGM-FI w/ 34mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital w/ 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final drive: Shaft
- Front suspension: 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
- Rear suspension: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
- Front brake: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear brake: 180mm drum
- Front tire: 120/90-17
- Rear tire: 160/80-15
- Wheelbase: 64.5 inches
- Seat height: 25.9 inches
- Curb weight: 560 pounds
- Fuel capacity: 3.7 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
- EPA fuel consumption estimate: 56 mpg
2016 Honda Shadow Aero Color:
- Candy Red
2016 Shadow Aero Price:
- MSRP $7499 (standard); TBD (ABS)