2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster Forty-Eight | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
You can see the big change for the 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster Forty-Eight right up front—beefed-up brace-enhanced forks and triple clamps.
Inside the new 39mm forks is cartridge damping, while the front Michelin Scorcher 31 tire is a 130/90 beast on a 16-inch wheel. The Forty-Eight also gets a new seat that sits a bit lower, and underneath it is a wrench for adjusting the preload on the new emulsion shocks.
Chrome exhaust shields over blacked-out mufflers give the 48 yet another distinctive detail. AMF-inspired graphics are available on the solid color editions, with the Hard Candy Custom paint jobs having their own look. A 2.1-gallon tank means you’ll be on a first-name basis with the local gas jockey.
View our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster Forty-Eight Specs:
- Engine: Evolution V-twin
- Displacement: 73.4 cubic inches (1202cc)
- Fuel system: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection
- Front tire: Michelin Scorcher 31; 130/90B16 73H
- Rear tire: Michelin Scorcher 31; 150/80B16 77H
- Wheels: Cast aluminum
- Right lean angle: 27.1 degrees
- Left lean angle: 27.1 degrees
- Length: 85 inches
- Seat height (laden): 26.2 inches
- Seat height (unladen): 27.3 inches
- Ground clearance: 3.9 inches
- Fork angle: 28.7 degrees
- Trail: 5.3 inches
- Wheelbase: 59.3 inches
- Weight (as shipped): 538 pounds
- Fuel capacity: 2.1 gallons
2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster Forty-Eight Price:
- MSRP From $10,899