MotoAmerica Needs You! Accepting Volunteers for Races
MotoAmerica, the premier US road racing series, is looking for a few good men and women this coming season. An invitation to all of those are interested in volunteering and seeing the race from the ground floor, getting up close to all the action in the upcoming 2016 MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Racing Series.
Would you like to be a part of the team, helping organize and make sure the 2016 MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Racing Championship goes off without a hitch? MotoAmerica will provide training, camping options, guest and parking passes, as well as lunch throughout the weekend events.
“Last year we had a great turnout of volunteers who helped us with our events in our debut season,” said MotoAmerica race operations manager Niccole Cox. “Like MotoGP and World Superbike, we use volunteers to help our staff and it’s a system that works well. We really attracted some quality people last year and we’re hoping for more of the same this coming season. It’s a lot of fun to work with the new people and see how much they enjoy working the races from the inside.”
Volunteer positions are available at all nine events this year, for track, tire, grid marshals, technical control, and registration staff. For more information on those what those duties entail, here is are the job descriptions laid out by MotoAmerica:
* Track Marshal: Provides support with motorcycle recovery in the event of a crash or mechanical failure. The race director relies heavily on having a team of well-disciplined and competent marshals.
* Tire Marshal: Assists Tire Control Coordinator in paddock, hot pit, and grid to ensure competitors follow tire-allocation regulations. Volunteer will check tire tags on motorcycles as they leave pit out, log tire tags and report any infractions to Tire Control.
* Technical Control: Supports Technical Director to certify racing motorcycles conform to rulebook. Volunteer will help organize paperwork and oversee bikes in Parc Ferme.
* Registration Staff: Helps Registration Manager verify competitors, crew, media, and VIPs have appropriate credentials and parking passes. Volunteer helps with making copies and other clerical duties needed.
* Grid Marshal: Assists Chief Steward, help riders follow practice and qualifying procedures and make sure their motorcycles are positioned correctly on the grid for race starts as well as monitors for potential safety risks on the race start.
To apply for one or more of these positions, click one of the links for these rounds:
- Round 1 April 8-10: Circuit of The Americas – Austin, Texas
- Round 2 April 15-17: Road Atlanta – Braselton, Georgia
- Round 3 April 29-May 1: New Jersey Motorsports Park – Millville, New Jersey
- Round 4 May 13-15: Virginia International Raceway – Danville, Virginia
- Round 5 June 3-5: Road America – Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
- Round 6 June 10-12: Barber Motorsports Park – Birmingham, Alabama
- Round 7 June 23-25: Utah Motorsports Campus – Toelle, Utah
- Round 8 July 8-10: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca – Monterey, California
- Round 9 September 9-11: New Jersey Motorsports Park – Millville, New Jersey