2016 Yamaha YZF-R1 M | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
For the first time in recent years, Yamaha will have a factory team in World Superbike in 2016, and the YZF-R1 M will be the weapon of choice.
An upgraded version of the standard R1, the R1 M adds high-end goodies such as Öhlins Electronic Racing Suspension (which is tied into the Inertial Measurement Unit), a stunning aluminum fuel tank, primarily titanium exhaust system, a carbon fiber fairing, and a dashboard with a race mode for optimizing your track performance.
With the Yamaha Communication Control Unit, WiFi, and GPS, you can customize the R1M’s behavior to the part of the track you are riding.
Read our Yamaha YZF-R1 M Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Yamaha YZF-R1 M Specs
- Engine: 998cc, liquid-cooled inline 4 cylinder DOHC; 16 valves
- Bore x stroke: 79.0 x 50.9mm
- Compression ratio: 13.0:1
- Fuel delivery: Fuel injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutch
- Final drive: O-ring chain
- Front suspension: 43mm Öhlins electronic suspension w/ inverted forks; fully adjustable; 4.7 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Öhlins electronic suspension w/ single shock w/ piggyback reservoir, fully adjustable; 4.7 inches of travel
- Front brakes: Dual 320mm hydraulic discs; 4-piston caliper, Unified Brake System and ABS
- Rear brake: 220mm disc; Unified Brake System and ABS
- Front tire: 120/70ZR17
- Rear tire: 200/55ZR17
- L x W x H: 80.9 x 27.2 x 45.3 inches
- Seat height: 33.9 inches
- Wheelbase: 55.3 inches
- Rake: 24.0°
- Trail: 4.0 inches
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 inches
- Fuel Capacity 4.5 gallons
- EPA estimated fuel economy: 34 mpg
- Wet weight: 443 pounds
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2016 Yamaha YZF-R1 M Color:
- Carbon Fiber/Liquid Metal
2016 Yamaha YZF-R1M Price:
- MSRP $21,990