2016 Aprilia RSV4 RR ABS | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
The World Superbike winning Aprilia RSV4 gets a face lift for 2016, with a new wind-tunnel tested more-protective fairing, new headlights and new mirrors with integrated LED turn indicators.
Pumping out an incredible 201 horsepower at the crank, the RSV4 RR is a serious bike on the street or the track. Ergonomics are compact and the chassis wonderfully responsive.
Sachs suspension is fully adjustable, with the Brembo brakes and multi-channel ABS (which can be turned off) give the rider plenty of stopping confidence. It will take a while to master all the electronics options, but once you do, you will have a highly personalized ride.
2016 Aprilia RSV4 RR ABS Specs:
- Type: Liquid-cooled DOHC 65° V4
- Displacement: 1000cc
- Maximum power (at crankshaft): 201 horsepower @ 13,000 rpm
- Maximum torque (at crankshaft): 86 ft/pounds at 10,500 rpm
- Fuel system: 4 Weber-Marelli 48mm throttle bodies w/ 4 injectors; three engine maps
- Exhaust: 4-into-2-into-1
- Gearbox: 6-speed w/ electronic quickshift
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Clutch: Multiplate wet clutch, hydraulically operated
- Frame: Twin spar with pressed and cast aluminum
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable 43mm Sachs inverted forks; 4.7 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Fully adjustable linkage-assisted Sachs piggyback shock; 5.1 inches of travel
- Front brakes: Dual 320mm stainless steel floating discs w/ Brembo M432 monoblock radial calipers and steel-braided brake hoses.
- Rear brake: 220mm stainless steel disc w/ 2-piston Brembo caliper and steel-braided brake hose.
- ABS: Multi-map Bosch 9MP (defeatable)
- Wheel Material: Aluminum alloy
- Front tire: 120/70×17 ZR radial tubeless
- Rear tire: 200/55×17 ZR radial tubeless
- L x W x H: 80.3 x 29 x 44 inches
- Seat height: 32.5 inches
- Fuel tank capacity: 4.9 gallons
- Dry weight: 398 pounds
- Warranty: 2-year unlimited-mileage warranty w/ 1-year roadside assistance provided by Road America.
2016 Aprilia RSV4RR ABS Color:
2016 Aprilia Tuono RSV4 RR ABS Price:
- MSRP – $16,499