2016 Aprilia Caponard 1200 ABS Rally | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
Featuring a 125 horsepower V-twin with supermoto heritage, the Caponord 1200 ABS Rally has a decided adventure slant. With it engine and fairing guards, along with boxy aluminum panniers the Rally looks the part.
The oversized windshield is adjustable, so you can pick just the right amount of air flow to reach you. The seat is kept reasonably low (an even lower accessory seat is available), while a six-plus gallon fuel tank and cruise control give you all sorts of route options.
A full array of Aprilia electronics, from semi-active suspension, to ABS and traction control, to three all-encompassing riding presets, means the bells and whistles are actually functional.
2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Rally Specs
- Type: Liquid-cooled DOHC 90° V-twin
- Displacement: 1197 cc
- Maximum power (at crankshaft): 125 horsepower @ 8250 rpm
- Maximum torque (at crankshaft): 84.6 ft/pounds at 6800 rpm
- Fuel system: Two injectors per cylinder; ride-by-wire w/ three power maps
- Exhaust system: Stainless steel, 2-in-1
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Clutch: Multiplate wet clutch, hydraulically operated
- Traction control: Standard
- Frame: Modular tubular steel frame w/ aluminum side plates; removable steel rear subframe
- Front: Fully adjustable Sachs 43mm upside-down fork. Rebound and compression damping electronically managed
- Rear: Sachs dynamic rear monoshock absorber. Adjustable or automatic setting for spring preload w/ electronically controlled rebound and compression damping
- Front brakes: Dual 320mm stainless steel floating discs w/ Brembo M432 monoblock 4-piston radial calipers and steel-braided brake hoses.
- Rear brake: 240mm stainless steel disc w/ Brembo 34mm 2-piston caliper and steel-braided brake hose.
- ABS: Standard; 2-channel
- Wheels Material: Aluminum alloy with three split spokes.
- Front tire: 120/70-R19; Metzeler Tourance
- Rear tire: 170/60-17; Metzeler Tourance
- 2-year unlimited-mileage warranty w/ 1-year roadside assistance provided by Road America
- Length: 88.3 inches
- Width: 56.6 inches
- Rake: 27.4 degrees
- Trail: 4.6 inches
- Seat height: 33 inches
- Dry weight: 525 pounds
- Fuel tank capacity: 6.3 gallons
2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Rally Color:
2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Rally Price:
- MSRP – $15,699