Jason Britton Set to Perform at NJMP MotoAmerica
Many off-track events are scheduled for the final round of MotoAmerica at New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJMP) in Millville, New Jersey, the weekend of September 12-13. Besides the Superbike showdown between Monster Energy Graves Yamaha pilots Josh Hayes – a four-time AMA SuperBike Champion – and Cameron Beaubier, much will be happening off the track.
Highlighting the festivities is the appearance of one of the world’s top sportbike freestylers – Jason Britton. The Monster Energy Kawasaki ZX-6R rider – featured as a stunter in sportbike movies such as as “Torque” and “Biker Boys,” along with appearances in commercials for Nike, Pepsi and McDonalds – will perform during breaks of the MotoAmerica season finale.
Britton will perform his motorcycle stunts on Saturday, September 12 (10 a.m., noon and 3 p.m.) and Sunday, September 13 (9 a.m., noon and 2 p.m.).
“I can’t think of a better way to end our inaugural season of MotoAmerica than to have Jason perform at our final round,” said MotoAmerica partner Chuck Aksland. “Having someone of his skillset perform for our fans just adds to what already promises to be a great event at NJMP. We have three championships still to be decided on the racetrack and now we’ve got one of the premiere stunt riders in the world set to join us and entertain our fans. It promises to be an awesome weekend in New Jersey.”
Besides Jason Britton, here are some other fan activities at NJMP MotoAmerica:
* Kick-Off Bike Night will be held on Friday night, September 11 at the Finish Line Pub at NJMP. Gates open at 5 p.m. with free parade laps of the Thunderbolt track for participants starting at 6:30 p.m. After the on-track activity, the pub will offer up drinks, music and prizes. The event is free to the public.
* The MotoAmerica Bicycle Challenge will be held on the racetrack starting at 5 p.m. on Friday afternoon with participants getting the chance to ride their bicycles around one of America’s premiere road courses – for free!
* On Saturday night at 7 p.m., the 5th annual Bikini Contest will be held at the Finish Line Pub with contestants vying for $1500 in cash and prizes. The contest will feature industry celebrities and racers as judges.
* Sunday’s Dunlop Fan Walk will run from 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m. and will feature former AMA Superbike Champion Doug Chandler doing laps of the racetrack and signing autographs during the fan walk.
* Ride on NJMP: For a $10 fee, fans can ride their motorcycles around the racetrack at NJMP on Sunday starting at 10:15 a.m. during the annual Fan Parade Laps.
For ticket information, visit New Jersey Motorsports Park.