Top 10 Indy MotoGP Events for Yamaha LoversYamaha has some must-see activities during the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix, which is scheduled for August 7-9.These events are highlighted by a display of Valentino Rossi’s YZR-M1, and a meet-and-greet with the Yamaha bLU cRU Road Racing MotoAmerica team of four-time AMA SuperBike Champion Josh Hayes and Cameron Beaubier. Following are the Top 10 Indy MotoGP Events for Yamaha Lovers.
1. Photo opp aboard Valentino Rossi’s #46 YZR-M1This is closest you’ll ever get to being nine-time World Champion Valentino Rossi. A Yamaha staff member will take your photo aboard Rossi’s #46 YZR-M1, which is located in the Yamaha Display Area.
2. Meet Colin Edwards – and See Him Ride Once againThe Texas Tornado Colin Edwards will host a meet-and-greet at 5:30 p.m. ET Saturday in the Yamaha Display Area (he may have a t-shirt cannon). Ahead of the Indy MotoGP on Sunday, Edwards will lap the 16-lap, 2.591-mile IMS circuit aboard a Yamaha YZF-M1 featuring special 60th anniversary yellow-and-black livery.
3. Get a look inside the 2015 Yamaha YZF-R1MGet an inside look into the YZF-R1M piloted by Hayes and Beaubier in MotoAmerica Superbike at the R1M Cutaway Display. The cutaway displays all the technological innovations of the proven winner, and will be on display all weekend.
4. Watch Monster Energy/Graves Yamaha’s Hayes & Beaubier in MotoAmericaHayes and Beaubier have dominated 2015 MotoAmerica Superbike, winning all 14 races so far this season – Hayes has eight wins, and Beaubier six. Both are tied in the points as MotoAmerica gets set for its debut with MotoGP.MotoAmerica Superbike Superpole (Qualifying) begins at Indy on Friday, August 7, at 4:50 p.m. ET. Superbike Race 1 will go green on Saturday, August 8, at 5 p.m., and Superbike Race 2 is set for Sunday, August 9, at 3:30 p.m.
5. Watch Yamalube/Y.E.S./Graves/Yamaha’s Beach & Gerloff in MotoAmericaJD Beach has been unstoppable aboard his Graves Yamaha YZF-R6, earning the past six Supersport race wins. The Kentuckian will look to continue this trend by winning Saturday’s Supersport race at Indy. His teammate Garrett Gerloff will seek his second race win.MotoAmerica Supersport Qualifying is on Friday, August 7, at 4:05 PM EST, and the Supersport Race is scheduled to start on Saturday, August 8, at 4:15 PM EST.
6. Meet the Yamaha bLU cRU TeamMeet all the Yamaha bLU cRU pilots – Josh Hayes, Cameron Beaubier, JD Beach, and Garrett Gerloff – during a meet-and-greet session that includes autographs and Yamaha Umbrella Girls:• Saturday, August 8, 12:35 to 1:15 p.m., Team Transporters (MotoAmerica Infield Paddock)
• Sunday, August 9, 10:30 to 11 p.m., Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha and Yamalube/Y.E.S./Graves/Yamaha Team Transporters (MotoAmerica Infield Paddock)