For the 2014 MotoGP World Championship season, Brembo, the recognized leader in motorcycle racing at the international level, renews its commitment by supplying the majority of the teams competing in the series.
Twelve of the 13 teams will rely on the Italian company’s technology with 21 of the 23 riders using Brembo brake systems fitted to their machines. These include the bikes of the three Manufacturers’ Association teams including Ducati, Yamaha and Honda, with reigning World Champion Marc Marquez.
Unceasing development in brake technology and steady improvements to components reaffirm Brembo’s status at the world level. Careful choice of materials has assured the highest technological standards. For the 2014 season, the engineers of the Italian company continue in the research of highly technological and performance solutions and in the constant improvement and development of components.
Last season, Brembo developed larger (340mm versus standard 320mm) carbon discs just for the Japan Grand Prix, the most demanding circuit in MotoGP. This year, the larger discs will be mandatory for all riders on the Motegi circuit to insure safety and performance at maximum levels.
The 2014 Championship starts on March 23rd at the Losail circuit in Qatar and the season will be contested over 18 races, concluding on November 9th in Spain at the Ricardo Tormo circuit in Valencia.
Brembo will supply the following MotoGP teams and riders for the 2014 season:
- Repsol Honda Team: Marc Marquez (93) Dani Pedrosa (26)
- LCR Honda MotoGP: Stefan Bradl (6)
- Yamaha Factory Racing: Jorge Lorenzo (99) Valentino Rossi (46)
- Monster Yamaha Tech 3 : Bradley Smith (38) Pol Espargaro (44)
- Ducati Team: Andrea Dovizioso (4) Cal Crutchlow (35)
- Pramac Racing Ducati Team: Andrea Iannone (29) Yonny Hernandez (68)
- Cardion AB Motoracing Honda: Karel Abraham (17)
- Drive M7 Aspar Honda: Nicky Hayden (69) Hiroshi Aoyama (7)
- Ioda Racing Project ART: Danilo Petrucci (9)
- Paul Bird Motorsport ART: Broc Parkes (23) Michael Laverty (70)
- Avintia Racing FTR Kawasaki: Hector Barbera (8) Mike Di Meglio (63)
- NGM Mobile Forward FTR Yamaha: Colin Edwards (5) Aleix Espargaro (41)
15 MotoGP Riders use Marchesini Forged Magnesium Wheels
Brembo also owns Marchesini, a company specializing in the design and production of hi-tech forged magnesium wheels fitted to many race-winning MotoGP bikes.
This year, Marchesini wheels will be fitted to bikes raced by the majority of the teams competing in MotoGP, including the Ducati and Honda factory machines. Last year, eight riders used Marchesini; in 2014, 15 out of 23 riders will be racing with forged magnesium wheels, designed and manufactured to take maximum advantage of their particular bikes characteristics.
One year prior to regulation changes, these teams will be equipped with wheels in compliance with the regulations going into effect next year. This choice means that these teams will have 7-spoke wheels that combine performance, safety and durability, but also optimized in terms of budget terms.
For additional information, visit Brembo’s mini site – motogp.brembo.com.