2014 AMA Motocross Schedule
2014 Lucas Oil Pro AMA Motocross Schedule
The 2014 AMA Motocross Championship enters its 43rd season in 2014, with the usual 12 rounds on the schedule.
What changes on the 2014 MX calendar are two venues – gone are Southwick, Mass., and Lake Elsinore, Calif., and added are the Glen Helen National in San Bernardino, Calif., and a brand new venue to to series in Crawfordsville, Ind.
The Indiana venue, which has hosted the Grand National Cross Country Series for nearly 20 years, will host the penultimate round – the Indiana National – August 16.
The 2014 AMA Motocross Championship begins its summer tour at Glen Helen on May 24, and ends Aug. 26 with the Utah National in Tooele, Utah.
The Utah National, along with the Tennessee National, both debuted on the 2013 AMA Motocross schedule. Due to their success, both return for 2014.
Davey Coombs (MX Sports Pro Racing President) says: “It has long been our goal to present the most legendary, spectacular tracks in American motocross on the schedule, as well as mixing in a few new facilities to add diversity to the schedule and new challenges for the best riders in the world.
“In 2013 we presented new rounds in Tennessee and Utah, both performed even better than we hoped. Now we look forward to yet another new venue in Indiana, as well as the return of the iconic Glen Helen Raceway in Southern California as the 2014 opener. Adding those events in with such premier motocross tracks as RedBud, Unadilla, Washougal, Hangtown and more, and you have the makings of an exciting summer of Lucas Oil Pro Motocross for fans all over the country.”
In the 450 Motocross class, Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto will be looking to redeem his title. But much competition is expected from his rival throughout 2013 MX, Red Bull KTM’s Ryan Dungey, who will be joined by the 2013 AMA Motocross 250cc class champion – Ken Roczen.
Other riders vying for the title will be James Stewart, Chad Reed, Trey Canard, Justin Barcia, Jake Weimer, Josh Grant and Justin Brayton, to name a few key riders.
Tickets for all 12 rounds of the 2014 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship will go on sale Thursday, Nov., 7 at the new website, ProMotocross.com.
2014 Lucas Oil Pro AMA Motocross Championship Schedule:
- May 24, Glen Helen National – San Bernardino, Calif.
- May 31, Hangtown Motocross Classic – Sacramento, Calif.
- June 7, Thunder Valley National – Lakewood, Colo.
- June 14, High Point National – Mt. Morris, Pa.
- June 28, Tennessee National – Blountville, Tenn.
- July 5, RedBud National – Buchanan, Mich.
- July 12, Budds Creek National – Mechanicsville, Md.
- July 19, Spring Creek National – Millville, Minn.
- July 26, Washougal National – Washougal, Wash.
- August 9, Unadilla National – New Berlin, N.Y.
- August 16, Indiana National – Crawfordsville, Ind.
- August 23, Utah National – Tooele, Utah