MV Agusta Brutale Corsa Unveiled (Preview)
2013 MV Agusta Brutale Corsa Preview
Expanding its offerings of its Brutale 1090 lineup, MV Agusta releases the ultra-exclusive Brutale Corsa model.
The Corsa takes the top Brutale 1090 model, the 1090RR, and further enhances its naked-sportbike splendor with fully-adjustable Ohlins front suspension, ultra-light forged aluminum wheels, and a hosts of styling upgrades.
The Brutale Corsa arrives with the 158-horsepower version of MVA’s inline-four 1078cc engine that features dual-overhead camshafts and four-valves per cylinder arranged in a radial pattern. Also arriving on the Brutale Corsa is an eight-level traction control and ABS.
The Corsa’s engine, which produces 74 ft. lbs. of torque, is cradled inside a steel tubular trellis frame that works in conjunction with the front Ohlins nix 43mm fork and Sachs rear shock absorber attached to an aluminum single-sided swingarm.
Stopping the 403.5-lbs (dry weight) Corsa are 330 mm dual discs brakes up front squeezed by Brembo monoblock front calipers, and a 210mm single disc squeezed by a Nissin caliper out back.
As mentioned, the Corsa receives loads of styling updates, from “the frame finished in gloss black paint and the hand-stitched rider and passenger saddles to brake levers, rider foot pegs and brake and clutch fluid reservoir caps machined from solid billet.
“The tank guard has been created specifically for this bike, while the sports license plate mount and the carbon fiber rear mudguard and front mudguard spoiler are branded with the MV Agusta Corse logo.”
The Corsa will be available in ABS Race Mode Version only donning Pearl Red/Pearl White paint. The price for such an exclusive motorcycle out of Varese? A bit under $30,000.
For a preview of the other Brutale 1090s (1090, 1090R, 1090RR), click here.
MV Agusta Brutale Corsa Specs:
- Type: Four cylinder, 4 stroke, 16 Valve
- Timing System: DOHC radial valve
- Displacement: 1078 cm3 (65.78 cu. in.)
- Compression Ratio: 13:1
- Starter: Electric
- Bore x Stroke: 79mmx55mm (3.1in.x2.2in.)
- Cooling System: Cooling with separated liquid and oil radiators
- Engine Management System: Magneti Marelli IAW 5SM ignition – injection integrated system with Mikuni throttle body; induction discharge electronic ignition; sequential timed “Multipoint” electronic injection
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc with mechanical anti- surging device
- Transmission: Cassette style; six speed, constant mesh
- Primary Drive: 50/79
- Gear Rations: 1st, 13/38; 2nd, 16/34; 3rd, 18/32; 4th, 20/30; 5th, 22/29; 6th, 19/23
- Final Gear Drive: 15/43
- Voltage: 12 V
- Alternator: 350 W at 5000 rpm
- Battery: 12 V – 8.6 Ah
- Wheelbase: 1438 mm (56.61 in.)
- Overall Length: 2100 mm (82.68 in.)
- Overal Width: 780 mm (30.71 in.)
- Seat Height: 830 mm (32.68 in.)
- Minimum ground clearance: 150 mm (5.91 in.)
- Trail: 103.5 mm (4.07 in.)
- Dry Weight: 183 kg (403.5 lbs)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 23 l (6.07 U.S. gal.)
- Frame: CrMo Steel tubular trellis ALS
- Rear Swingarm: Aluminium alloy
- Front Suspension: UPSIDE – DOWN” Öhlins Nix telescopic hydraulic fork with adjustable rebound- compression damping and external spring preload
- Fork Diameter: 43 mm (1.69 in.)
- Fork Travel: 120 mm (4.72 in.)
- Rear Suspension: Progressive, Sachs single shock absorber with rebound and compression (High speed/Low speed) damping and spring preload adjustment
- Single-Sided Swing Arm Material: Aluminium alloy
- Rear Wheel Travel: 120 mm (4.72 in.)
- Front Brake: Double floating disc with 320 mm (12.6 in.) diameter, with steel braking disc and aluminum flange
- Front Brake Caliper: Brembo Radial-type, monobloc with 4 pistons 34 mm (1.34 in.) S
- Rear Brake: Single steel disc with 210 mm (8.27 in.) dia.
- Rear Brake Caliper: Nissin with 4 pistons – 25.4 mm (1.00 in.)
- Forged aluminium alloy wheels, 3.50 ” x 17 ” Front; 6 ” x 17 ” Rear
- Tires Front, 120/70 – ZR 17 M/C (58 W); rear 190/55 – ZR 17 M/C (75 W)
- Horsepower: 158 horsepower (116.5 kW)at 11900 rpm
- Torque: 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm) at 10100 rpm
- Top Speed: 265.0 km/h (164.5 mph)
MV Agusta Brutale Corse Colors/MSRP (Available only in ABS Race Mode Version):
- Color: Pearl Red/Pearl White
- MSRP: € 20,990 (about $29,600 US)