2013 Seattle Supercross | Results
2013 Seattle Supercross from CenturyLink Field Results
Spoiler Alert: 2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross results from CenturyLink Field, Seattle, listed below
The 2013 Monster Energy Supercross headed Saturday evening to Seattle’s CenturyLink Field for round 15 of 17
And ahead of almost 54,000 fans, Team Honda Muscle Milk’s Justin Barcia took a dominating win, leading all 20 laps of the main event. This was Barcia’s second win of his 450 Supercross career (other in Phoenix), and he was joined on the Seattle SX podium by the current points leader, Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto, and Rockstar Energy Suzuki’s Davi Millsaps, who was the only other rider to lead the championship this season.
Barcia took the Nuclear Cowboyz Holeshot Award, followed by MotoConcepts Racing Suzuki’s Mike Alessi and Slaton Racing Honda’s Vince Friese. Villopoto got off the line in fifth, missing a first-turn crash involving last week’s winner in Minneapolis, Red Bull KTM’s Ryan Dungey, and TwoTwo Motorsports Honda’s Chad Reed.
By the end of lap 2, Villopoto was a few tenths of a second behind Barcia. Millsaps also followed, slipping into third. Barcia and Villopoto battled as they put a considerate gap on the remaining field, but although Villopoto’s home crowd cheered him on, Barcia took the win.
Justin Barcia (Team Muscle Milk Honda CRF450R Supercross) says: “I tell you what, that holeshot is so key. We made some great changes today on the bike. It was a tough track with so many lines, but there was one main line that was so much better than any other. I’ve been waiting for this since Phoenix.”
With second, Villopoto his extended his consecutive podium finishes to nine races.
Ryan Villopoto (Monster Energy Kawasaki KX450F Supercross) says: “I didn’t get the start I wanted, so to come out the way I did and salvage that was awesome. I rode 20 solid laps but Justin [Barcia] was on it. I just really couldn’t do anything with him. The way it turned out tonight was pretty good for what we were up against [at the start].”
Millsaps finished third for his 10th podium finish of the season, and moved back into second in the championship standings, pushing Dungey out of the position he held for a week. Although he was involved in the first-lap wreck, Dungey finished fourth, with Kawasaki’s Jake Weimer in fifth.
As the series heads into the penultimate round in Salt Lake City, Villopoto holds a 25-point lead over Millsaps. Villopoto can possibly clinch his third SX title in Salt Lake City.
Red Bull KTM’s Ken Roczen captured his third 250SX Class victory in four races in the Western Regional Championship’s return to competition.
In the first Western Regional 250SX Class Championship Main Event since the sixth race of the season in February, GEICO Honda’s Eli Tomac grabbed the Nuclear Cowboyz Holeshot Award and quickly pulled away from the field. Behind him, Rockstar Energy Racing’s Ryan Sipes and Troy Lee Designs/Lucas Oil Honda’s Christian Craig assumed second and third, respectively. Roczen positioned himself in fourth, but moved into a podium spot prior to the conclusion of the opening lap, Feld Motor Sports says.
With his championship rival behind him, Tomac opened a multiple-second margin as Roczen methodically moved past Craig into second on Lap 2. For several laps, the pair maintained their distance from one another until Tomac came up short on a jump on Lap 9 and was thrown off his motorcycle. Roczen assumed the lead, but Tomac was able to remount in second, Feld Motor Sports says.
Roczen pulled away for the remainder of the 15-lap Main Event to extend his lead in the point standings. He has finished first or second in each of the seven Western Regional 250SX Class Championship races this season, Feld Motor Sports says.
Ken Roczen (Red Bull KTM SX-F 250 Supercross) says: “It’s good to bounce back from a bad Heat Race with good start. I just put my head down and rode smart. The track was really technical out there, with a lot of ruts. It feels good to get a win after such a long break; it’s tough to get in a groove after so much time off, but I’m so happy I was able to walk away with this one.”
Despite his misfortune, Tomac still finished second, but faces a significant deficit in the championship with only two races remaining.
Eli Tomac (GEICO Honda CRF250R Supercross) says: “The track was getting tough in the Main Event. I got a good start and started pulling away, but then I made a big mistake. It’s kind of a bummer, but that’s racing. I was lucky enough to be able to get up in second and still finish on the podium.”
GEICO Honda’s Zach Osborne secured his first podium finish of the season in third.
Roczen carries a 20-point advantage over Tomac into next weekend’s eighth race of the Western Regional 250SX Class Championship.
CBS will air Seattle 450 Supercross at 1 p.m. EDT Sunday, April 21, followed by the 250 SX class at 5:30 p.m. on SPEED.
2013 Seattle Supercross 450SX Class Results:
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda
- Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki
- Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM
- Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Kawasaki
- Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., Suzuki
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Suzuki
- Justin Brayton, Fort Dodge, Iowa, Yamaha
- Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM
- Phillip Nicoletti, Bethel, N.Y., Yamaha
2013 AMA Supercross 450 Class Season Standings:
- Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki, 321
- Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki, 296
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM, 295
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda, 245
- Chad Reed, Australia, Honda, 213
- Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda, 202
- Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM, 189
- James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Suzuki, 174
- Justin Brayton, Fort Dodge, Iowa, Yamaha, 162
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Suzuki, 155
2013 Seattle Supercross Western Regional 250SX Class Results:
- Ken Roczen, Germany, KTM
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda
- Zach Osborne, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Honda
- Cole Seely, Murrieta, Calif., Honda
- Tyla Rattray, South Africa, Kawasaki
- Austin Politelli, Menifee, Calif., Honda
- Ryan Sipes, Ekron, Ky., Suzuki
- Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., KTM
- Martin Davalos, Ecuador, Kawasaki
- Jason Anderson, Edgewood, N.M., Suzuki
2013 AMA Supercross Western Regional 250SX Class Points:
- Ken Roczen, Germany, KTM, 163
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda, 143
- Cole Seely, Murrieta, Calif., Honda, 113
- Zach Osborne, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Honda, 102
- Jason Anderson, Edgewood, N.M., Suzuki, 99
- Martin Davalos, Ecuador, Kawasaki, 94
- Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Yamaha, 86
- Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., KTM, 75
- Tyla Rattray, South Africa, Kawasaki, 74
- Austin Politelli, Menifee, Calif., Honda, 72