2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Results
Spoiler Alert: 2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross results from Lucas Oil Stadium listed below
After his win at Daytona International Speedway last weekend, Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto became only the second rider so far this season to lead the point standings.
With his Daytona SX victory, the reigning SX Champion Villopoto bumped Rockstar Energy Suzuki’s Davi Millsaps from the top spot.
And following Indianapolis Supercross Saturday evening, Villopoto extended his lead after battling his way to the win before over 60,000 fans; this was his sixth victory of 2013. Joining Villopoto on the Indy podium was Red Bull KTM’s Ryan Dungey and Yoshimura Suzuki’s James Stewart, respectively.
Taking the Nuclear Cowboyz Holeshot was Millsaps, who was quickly passed by Stewart. Villopoto started in fourth, but moved into third on the opening lap.
On lap three, Villopoto passed his rival Millsaps, but the Suzuki RM-Z 450 rider quickly countered the pass. The two would battle, but on lap six, Villopoto would make his pass stick. On the same lap, Stewart stalled his Suzuki RM-Z 450, and Villopoto took over the lead.
Villopoto was not challenged again, and went on to take the 30th win of his career, and the first rider to win four races in Indianapolis. Behind, Dungey passed Millsaps for second on the seventh lap. And on the final lap, Millsaps crashed while in third, giving the final podium position to Stewart.
Ryan Villopoto (Monster Energy Kawasaki KX-F 450 Supercross) says: “James [Stewart] was riding great tonight. Lucas Oil Stadium has been great to me; it’s an amazing stadium and I love coming here. Ryan [Dungey] was able to make up some time on me here and there, but I just kept pushing hard until the end.”
With 11 rounds of 17 complete, Villopoto now has a nine-point lead over Millsaps, who finished fourth at Indy.
Red Bull KTM’s Marvin Musquin won his second consecutive Eastern Regional 250SX Class Main Event.
The holeshot went to Rockstar Energy Racing’s Blake Wharton, but he was quickly passed by AG Motorsports’ Kyle Peters. GEICO Honda’s Wil Hahn started near the back of the pack and began to play catch up immediately, Feld Motor Sports says.
After five laps, AJ Catanzero held down the number-five position but was passed by Musquin on Lap 11. Hahn worked his way past Catanzero on Lap 13 for fourth place. On Lap 14 of 15, Wharton crashed, allowing Musquin to take over the lead and Hahn to move into third place. Peters finished a career-best second place and Hahn finished third, Feld Motor Sports says.
Hahn has a nine-point lead over Musquin in season point standings.
Wil Hahn (GEICO Honda CRF250R Supercross) says: “I gave it away here tonight. I have to go home and do my homework to get back on top of the box. I am happy that I was able to work my way back to third, but need to win races.”
Marvin Musquin (Red Bull KTM SX-F 250) says: “We have been talking about confidence, and tonight I had it. I fought really hard, and I believed in myself. Anything can happen out there, and tonight was kind of lucky but I got the win.”
The 2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross series resumes next weekend at Toronto’s Rogers Centre.
2013 Indy AMA Supercross 450 SX Class Results:
- Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM
- James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Suzuki
- Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda
- Chad Reed, Australia, Honda
- Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM
- Matt Goerke, Lake Helen, Fla., KTM
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda
- Weston Peick, Wildomar, Calif., Suzuki
2013 AMA Supercross 450SX Class Season Standings (after 11 of 17 rounds):
- Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki, 227
- Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki, 218
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM, 210
- Chad Reed, Australia, Honda, 178
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda, 168
- Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda, 165
- James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Suzuki, 155
- Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM, 136
- Justin Brayton, Fort Dodge, Iowa, Yamaha, 112
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Suzuki, 109
2013 Indy Supercross
Eastern Regional 250SX Class Results:
- Marvin Musquin, France, KTM
- Kyle Peters, Greensboro, N.C., Honda
- Wil Hahn, Decatur, Texas, Honda
- AJ Catanzero, Portland, Conn., Kawasaki
- Justin Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Kawasaki
- Vince Friese, Cape Girardeau, Mo., Honda
- Mitchell Oldenburg, Alvord, Texas, Honda
- Gavin Faith, Fort Dodge, Iowa, Honda
- Blake Wharton, Pilot Point, Texas, Suzuki
- Peter Larsen, Menifee, Calif., Honda
Eastern Regional 250SX Class Season Standings:
- Wil Hahn, Decatur, Texas, Honda, 112
- Marvin Musquin, France, KTM, 103
- Blake Wharton, Pilot Point, Texas, Suzuki, 88
- Dean Wilson, Scotland, Kawasaki, 87
- Kyle Peters, Greensboro, NC, Honda, 67
- Justin Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Kawasaki, 67
- Vince Friese, Cape Girardeau, Mo., Honda, 65
- Jeremy Martin, Millville, Minn., Yamaha, 53
- Gavin Faith, Fort Dodge, Iowa, Honda, 53
- James Decotis, Peabody, Mass., Honda, 52
2013 Indy KTM Junior Supercross Challenge
- Jordan Biese, Appleton, Wis., KTM
- Liam Everts, Limberg Belgium, KTM
- Jacob Hull, Mentor, Ohio, KTM
- Connor Duvall, Union, Ken., KTM
- Branden Morgenstern, Whipple, Ohio, KTM
- Blaceton Moore, Glouster, Ohio, KTM
- Colson Crouch, Morton, Ill., KTM
- Talan Zollers, North Aurora, Ill., KTM
- Stephan Munnier, Victor, N.Y., KTM
- Griffin Kinney, Duluth, Minn., KTM
- Andrew Kali, Hubbard, Ohio, KTM
- Kasen Denault, Buckingham, Ill., KTM
- Ethan Delgrosso, Waterford, Conn., KTM
- Austin Mcafee, West Palm Beach, Fla., KTM
- Maylei Leaneagh, Fredrick, Colo., KTM