2013 Daytona 200 Week | Events
The event that sets off the AMA Pro Road Racing series, the Daytona 200, gets underway next Saturday at Daytona International Speedway.
The actual race, which was won last year by Project 1 Atlanta Yamaha’s Joey Pascarella, is the highlight of Daytona 200 Week, which includes many festivities.
Daytona 200 Week runs from Saturday, March 9, through Saturday, March 16. Following are a list of events courtesy of Daytona International Speedway:
- Free demo rides: Outside of the famous Daytona International Speedway, motorcycle enthusiasts can test-ride the latest and greatest motorcycles from top manufacturers with free demo rides March 9-16. Riders must have a DOT-approved helmet and motorcycle endorsement on their driver’s license in order to demo.
- Motorcycle Marketplace: Hot Leathers is the now the Official Bike Week Apparel and Accessories Provider for Daytona International Speedway. Bikers and fans can find the nation’s top parts, accessories and apparel companies throughout the Hot Leathers Motorcycle Marketplace display area.
- K&G Cycles Thunder Alley at Daytona: Head to K&G Cycles Thunder Alley at Daytona with your friends for a cold Budweiser and great food at the Budweiser Cool Your Pipes Zone. Located in the Midway outside Turn 4, K&G Cycles Thunder Alley will also showcase entertainment, games and contests.
- Hooters Bikini Contest: The annual Hooters Bikini Contest is back and will take place in K&G Cycles Thunder Alley outside of Turn 4 at 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 16.
- Hot Leathers Fashion Show: Do not miss the showcase of the most up-to-date styles in motorcycle apparel. Don’t miss the Hot Leathers Fashion Show in K&G Cycles Thunder Alley at Daytona outside of Turn 4 on March 16 at 1 p.m.
- The Indian Motorcycle Spring Dash at Daytona: Experience the ride of a lifetime- take your own bike for two laps around Daytona International Speedway’s 3.56-mile road course. The eighth-annual dash around Daytona on Saturday, March 16 runs immediately after the Daytona 200 (approx. 4 p.m.). Tickets are $30 per bike and include a commemorative patch. Professional photographs are available.
- Cycle Social: Stay up to date during Daytona 200 Week with the most recent information by following Daytona International Speedway on Facebook and Twitter (@DISUpdates) using hashtags: #DAYTONASX, #DAYTONAFLATTRACK and #DAYTONA200.
For more information on the activities off the track during Daytona 200 Week, visit daytonainternationalspeedway.com or call 1-800-PITSHOP