Victory Unveils 15th Anniversary Cross Country Tour LE
Last year at the New York City International Motorcycle Show, Victory Motorcycles highlighted its presence with the launch of the no-nonsense cruiser, the Judge.
Following the unveiling of the bike featuring the 106 Freedom V-Twin, Victory said it would roll out a new model every six months. The Spirit Lake, Iowa, company stuck to its itinerary, releasing the Boardwalk this past summer, the bike featuring classical boulevard-cruiser styling.
And a year after the Judge was released, Victory once again highlighted its NYC IMS presence by another unveiling – the 15th Anniversary Cross Country Tour Limited Edition.
As the name implies, the LE celebrates Victory’s 15th anniversary as an American motorcycle company. Back on the Fourth of July in 1998, the first motorcycle built in the Spirit Lake Iowa plant was a V92c in Antares Red over Black with gold pin-stripping.
Rolling off that same assembly line is the 15th Anniversary Cross Country Tour Limited Edition. But this bike won’t be massed produced – only 150 will be built, quickly making it a collector’s item.
Speaking of the bike, Victory says: “Victory Motorcycles – 15 Years Young and Just Getting Started – kicks off its 15th Anniversary celebration with the introduction of a 15th Anniversary Cross Country Tour Limited Edition. This bike combines industry-leading touring performance, style and comfort with a salute to the first Victory motorcycle ever built 15 years ago.”
Steve Menneto, Polaris VP Motorcycles, says Victory will celebrate its 15th Anniversary while continuing to develop and introduce future new Victory models.
Victory says the coming year will include several special 15th Anniversary celebrations at events such as Daytona Bike Week, the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and the American Victory Rally in Spirit Lake, Iowa, the birthplace of every Victory ever built. Event details will be distributed through the motorcycle press and will be available at victorymotorcycles.com.
15th Anniversary Cross Country Tour Limited Edition Special Features:
- Exclusive Sunset Red over Gloss Black paint with gold pinstriping – inspired by the first Victory ever built.
- 15th Anniversary Fairing Badge, Saddlebag Graphics and Numbered Dash Badge.
- Red-letter Cam Badge and Primary Badge.
- Cut & Sew Seats with a custom-stitched 15th Anniversary Badge.
- Billet Wheels.
- Numerous chrome features, including: Front and Rear Fender Trim, Fuel Cap, Sprocket Cover, Engine Covers, Switch Cubes and Controls, Saddlebag Lid Rails, and Trunk Luggage Rack.
- Garmin GPS.
- XM Radio.
- Four KICKER Premium Speakers.
- iPhone/iPod Cord.
- Black Blade Windscreen.
- Removable Saddlebag and Trunk Liners.
Victory Cross Country Tour Features:
The Victory Cross Country Tour provides riders with an outstanding ride, integrated premium audio, excellent weather protection and the most storage space of any motorcycle in the world.
Key features of this model include:
- The most storage space of any motorcycle in the world. The trunk, saddlebags and two front storage compartments provide a total of 41.1 gallons of space.
- The Victory Comfort Control System lets riders control airflow from the front end using the adjustable Upper Air Controls and Lower Air Controls.
- An Audio System integrated in the fairing.
- The Victory Freedom® 106/6 V-Twin, a 106-cu. in. engine that delivers 106 ft-lb of torque, mated to a 6-speed transmission with overdrive.
- Victory Anti-Lock Braking (ABS) that provides reliable braking to help a rider stop quickly and under control.
- Cruise Control enhances comfort with its reliable performance and easy operation.
- The 5.8-gallon (22 liter) fuel tank provides riders with outstanding range.
- Heated Seats and Heated Handgrips let riders extend their riding seasons in comfort.
- The Tall Windshield provides excellent protection and reliable visibility in all conditions.
- The 26.25″ Seat Height puts a rider comfortably and confidently in control.
- Adjustable Passenger Floorboards let a passenger customize the comfort and ergonomics.