2013 Harley-Davidson CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide | Preview
2013 Harley-Davidson CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
Harley-Davidson returns in 2013 with some slight revisions on its top Custom Vehicle Operations tourer – the CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide.
The most expensive motorcycle in Harley-Davidson’s CVO lineup, the CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide arrives in 2013 with four new paint schemes, which includes the 110th Anniversary Edition, and a host of new custom accessories.
The 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide, which carries a MSRP of $37,599 for the base models, and $38,599 for the 110th Anniversary Edition, will be limited to 3,900 units, each one assembled in Harley’s facilities in York, Pa.
Each model rolls on the single-spar, rigid backbone touring frame and arrives with the most powerful production Harley-Davidson engine available – the 110 Screamin’ Eagle that produces 118 ft. lbs. of torque at 3750 rpm.
The new features for 2013 include the chrome and rubber Slipstream Collection heated hand grips, rider and passenger footboard inserts, brake lever pad, shifter and highway pegs and windshield trim. The suspended, dual-control heated, two-up seat and adjustable passenger backrest have a new perforated leather insert, and a new chrome billet-style extended reach heel shifter creates more boot room on the left-side footboard.
The CVO Ultra is also equipped with a high-performance Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio system that includes BOOM! Audio High Performance BOOM! Bagger speakers.
As for the 110th Anniversary Edition, this exclusive design features solid bronze fuel tank badges, plated in black nickel and then distressed to highlight the bronze. A bright gold-tone Bar and Shield cloisonné is inserted in the main body of the “single wing” badge while each motorcycle will carry other model-specific anniversary badging, trim and a serialization badge, Harley says.
Following are the features, specs, color options and MSRP for the 2013 Harley-Davidson CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide.
2013 Harley-Davidson CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide Features:
- NEW 110th Anniversary Edition includes serialized 110th Anniversary cloisonné on the tank console insert, Midnight Pearl 110th Anniversary tank medallion, Black engine with Gloss Black covers, Midnight Pearl engine cover inserts, and exclusive paint scheme
- NEW Assist & Slip Clutch Pack provides a slip feature on downshifts to reduce loading of the driveline; hydraulic actuation with reduced effort and reshaped lever
- NEW Chrome billet-style extended heel/toe shift lever
- NEW Slipstream Collection heated hand grips, rider floorboard inserts, shifter pegs, brake pedal pad, passenger footpegs and windshield trim
- NEW Indoor/Outdoor motorcycle storage cover with embroidered CVO logo
- NEW Perforated leather insert for seating and backrest surfaces
- Mirror Chrome Chisel Custom Wheels
- Dual-control heated seat, hammock-style suspended in rider area and spring-board style suspension system in the passenger area
- BOOM! Audio High Performance BOOM! Bagger front and rear speakers, 40W per channel, Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio system, SiriusXM satellite radio and amplifier w/ customized equalization for BOOM! Audio, Tour-Pak bottom liner with BOOM! Audio Bass Booster Ports
- 8GB iPod nano, interface with integrated iPod holder
- Dash-mounted Road Tech zumo 660 GPS unit feeds GPS verbal commands to the radio speakers
- Color-matched inner fairing and cap, LED King Tour-Pak brake/tail lamp, rear fender filler strips and saddlebag latches
- Customer Care package that includes a tool kit, microfiber detail cloth, and H-D® jiffy stand coaster
- Anti-Lock Brakes
- Electronic Cruise Control
- Chrome Accessories
- Black high-torque 1.4kW starter
- Braided stainless steel brake and clutch lines
- Harley-Davidson Smart Security System with siren
- Commemorative CVO ignition key with display box
- Customer Care package that includes a tool kit, microfiber detail cloth, and H-D jiffy stand coaster
2013 Harley-Davidson CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide Specs:
- Type: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110
- Displacement (in./cc): 110/1802
- Valves: Pushrod-operated, overhead valves with hydraulic, self-adjusting lifters; two valves per cylinder
- Bore X Stroke: 4 in. x 4.38 in. (101.6 mm x 111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive
- Power: 118 ft. lbs. of torque @ 3750 rpm
- Miles Per Gallon: 41 combined City/Hwy
- Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters): 6/22.7
- Frame: Mild steel; tubular frame, two-piece stamped and welded backbone; cast and forged junctions; twin down tubes; bolt-on rear frame with forged fender supports; MIG welded
- Swingarm: Mild steel; two-piece drawn and welded section; forged junctions; MIG welded
- Forks: 41.3 mm telescopic, with blow-by valve
- Rear Suspension: Air adjustable
- Brakes: 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear Dual floating rotors (front – 11.81 in. x .2 in. (300 mm x 5 mm)), fixed rotor (rear – 11.81 in. x .28 in. (300 mm x 7 mm))
- ABS: Standard
- Tires: Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series, bias blackwall front (D408 130/80B17 65H) and rear (D407 180/65B16 81H)
- Wheels: Mirror Chrome Chisel Custom Wheels 17 in. x 3 in. (432 mm x 76 mm) Front, 16 in. x 5 in. (406 mm x 127 mm) rear
- Length (in./mm): 99.8/2535
- Seat Height (laden) (in./mm): 27.8/706
- Wheelbase (in./mm): 64.4/1635
- Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg): 897/407
2013 Harley-Davidson CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide Color Options / MSRP:
- Stardust Silver/Dark Slate/Titanium Dust with Thunderblade Graphics / $37,599
- Tribal Orange/Dark Slate/Inferno Orange with Thunderblade Graphics / $37,599
- Typhoon Maroon/Black Diamond/Burgundy Blaze with Thunderblade Graphics / $37,599
- 110th Anniversary Edition Diamond Dust/Obsidian with Palladium Graphics / $38,599