The three rides raised over $337,000 for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation (PBTF).Ride gives “life and hope” in ChicagolandNow in its 24th year, the Chicagoland Ride for Kids continues to be one of the PBTF’s largest events. This year 1,400 participants raised $197,191 in support of young people like Mady, Teagan, Katrina, Rosie, Lilly, Casey, Stephanie, Melanie, Kaitlyn, Corey, and Carra.Many of these “stars” led the riders on a route that went through rural northwest suburbs and criss-crossed the Fox River. Back at the college, the kids expressed their gratitude.“Thank you for opening your heart and coming here today,” said 7-year-old Katrina. “Ride for Kids means life and hope,” added Casey, 22.Dr. Jason Fangusaro of Children’s Memorial Hospital agreed, saying, “Over 3,500 families are diagnosed each year with a journey full of fear, but you give them hope.”The top fundraisers were:
- Individuals: John, Julie & Johnny Runzel, $34,160
- Motorcycle club/chapter: Wings Over the Prairie, $45,480
- Motorcycle business: Nielsen Enterprises, $78,079
- Special organization: In Memory of Dick Scaldone, $7,715
- Drawing prizes went to Stacia Skinner (Honda motorcycle); Errol Westergaard (Dunlop tire); John Runzel (AGV helmet); Bob Lombard (Tourmaster luggage); and Ben Brown (Cardo Scala Rider).
- Individual: Charlie Portis, $10,418
- Motorcycle club/chapter: GWRRA NY-N, $10,361
- Motorcycle business: Sportline Power Products, $13,027
- Special organization: In Memory of Brian Brosmer, $6,815
- Congratulations to the event’s drawing prize winners: Clifford Bonesteel (Honda motorcycle); Jeff Semran (Dunlop tire); Brett Catlin (AGV helmet); Doreen Lewis (Tourmaster luggage); and Donna Granger (Cardo Scala Rider).
- Individuals: Andrea St. George & Sam MacKenzie, $5,646
- Motorcycle club/chapter: CMA Crosswinds #671, $6,314.09
- Motorcycle business: Moon Motorsports, $9,685
- Special organization: Jimmy’s Food and Drink, $4,205
- Minnesota’s drawing prize winners were: Gail Goettl (Honda motorcycle); Sarah Bergman (Dunlop tire); Jodie Prax (AGV helmet); Jesse Holt (Tourmaster luggage); and George Naim (Cardo Scala Rider).
Ride for Kids supports the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation (PBTF) by funding medical research and family support programs. We thank our presenting sponsor, Honda Riders Club of America, and our national insurance sponsor, GEICO. The next Ride for Kids event is Sunday, July 22 in Marysville, Ohio. Learn more at rideforkids.org or call 800-253-6530.