Yoshimura SERT on Bol d’Or Pole
2012 Endurance World Championship at Magny Cours
The Yoshimura-backed Suzuki Endurance Racing Team will start Saturday’s 76th Anniversary Bol d’Or 24-Hour World Endurance Championship opening round at Magny Cours in France from Pole Position after setting the only sub 1:40-minute lap of both Qualifying sessions Thursday and Friday.
SERT rider Vincent Philippe stormed last night’s opening qualifying session aboard the GSX-R1000 Suzuki with a lap time of 1:39.769, which remained unbeaten in today’s final qualifying session at the Nevers circuit at Magny Cours.
Along with the laps set by team mates Fabien Foret and Anthony Delhalle, the aggregate time that put the reigning World Champions on Pole was 1:40.514.
Second on the grid – and closing the gap in qualifying session 2 – is SRC Kawasaki riders Julien da Costa, Gregory Leblanc and Olivier Four (1:40.853) ahead of David Checa, Matthieu Lagrive and Kenny Foray aboard the Yamaha France GMT machine with a time of 1:41.078.
Top Superstock qualifier is the Louit Moto 33 Kawasaki of Loris Baz, Jérémy Guarnoni and Nans Chevaux ahead of Suzuki’s Junior Team LMS riders Baptiste Guittet, Cedric Tangre and Julien Enjolras, with Motors Events Suzuki third top Superstock qualifier with 12th overall.
Live TV coverage on Motors TV, Sport+ and other global channels starts at 14.30 local time tomorrow (Saturday) in time for the start at 15.00.
2012 Endurance World Championship: Bol d’Or Final Qualifying:
1. SERT (Suzuki GSX-R1000) 1:40.514
2. SRC Kawasaki (Kawasaki) 1:40.853
3. Yamaha GMT 94 (Yamaha) 1:41.078
4. BMW Motorrad France (BMW) 1:41.093
5. Monster Energy Yamaha (Yamaha) 1:41.568
6. Louit Moto 33 (Kawasaki) 1:42.449
7. Bolliger Team Switzerland (Kawasaki) 1:42.592
8. Junior Team LMS (Suzuki GSX-R1000) 1:42.638
9. Yamalube Folch Endurance (Yamaha) 1:42.178
10. National Motos (Honda) 1:42.204
11. Honda TT Legends Team (Honda)