2012 Imola World Supersport | Results
2012 World Supersport
Fabien Foret (Kawasaki Intermoto Step) took a cool and professional World Supersport win after 19-laps of competition at Imola in Italy Sunday, his first victory of the year, and the first for his team in 2012.
Sam Lowes (Bogdanka PTR Honda) went a close second and after many issues for some front-runners, Ronan Quarmby (PTR Honda) was third, albeit 17 seconds from the winner.
Roberto Tamburini (Team Lorini Honda) went fourth – by only 0.004 seconds – the Power Team by Suriano Triumph of Vittorio Iannuzzo was fifth.
In the 2012 World Supersport Championship, Foret has 45 points, Lowes 31 and Kenan Sofuoglu (Kawasaki DeltaFin Lorenzini) in on 25 alongside Quarmby, after the Turkish rider was black flagged for not taking a ride through penalty.
2012 Imola World Supersport Results:
1. Fabien Foret FRA Intermoto Step Kawasaki ZX-6R 35m 44.653s
2. Sam Lowes GBR Bogdanka PTR Honda CBR600RR +0.574s
3. Ronan Quarmby RSA PTR Honda CBR600RR +17.266s
4. Roberto Tamburini ITA Lorini Honda CBR600RR +17.270s
5. Vittorio Iannuzzo ITA Power Team Suriano Triumph 675 +22.953s
6. Vladimir Leonov RUS Yakhnich Yamaha YZF-R6 +25.509s
7. Balazs Nemeth HUN Team Toth Honda CBR600RR +30.042s
8. Andrea Antonelli ITA Lorini Honda CBR600RR +32.429s
9. Massimo Roccoli ITA Bike Service WTR Yamaha YZF-R6 +37.894s
10. Sheridan Morais RSA Kawasaki DeltaFin ZX-6R +39.265s
11. Alex Baldolini ITA Power Team Suriano Triumph 675 +46.848s
12. Joshua Day USA GoEleven Kawasaki ZX-6R +56.679s
13. Romain Lanusse FRA Intermoto Step Kawasaki ZX-6R +57.925s
14. Luca Marconi ITA VFT Yamaha YZF-R6 +1m 04.381s
15. Jed Metcher AUS Team RivaMoto Yamaha YZF-R6 +1m 11.922s
16. Cristiano Erbacci ITA Bike Service WTR Yamaha YZF-R6 +1m 12.356s
17. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders PTR Honda CBR600RR +1m 14.321s
18. Lukas Pesek CZE ProRace Honda CBR600RR +1m 20.799s
19. Yves Polzer AUT MRC Austria Yamaha YZF-R6 +1 lap
20. Broc Parkes AUS Ten Kate Honda CBR600RR +1 lap
21. Eduard Blokhin RUS RivaMoto Yamaha YZF-R6 +2 laps
22. Dino Lombardi ITA PATA by Martini Yamaha YZF-R6 18 laps completed
23. Fabio Menghi ITA VFT Yamaha YZF-R6 17 laps completed
24. Imre Toth HUN Team Toth Honda CBR600RR 9 laps completed
25. Jules Cluzel FRA PTR Honda CBR600RR 5 laps completed
26. David Làtr CZE SMS Honda CBR600RR 1 lap completed