2012 KTM Freeride 350 Video
Last autumn, KTM unveiled the Freeride 350, a sporty off-road, entry-level motorcycle that can be licensed for road use.
KTM then invited the media to test a few Freeride 350s, with many journalist offering positive feedback. And now, this lightweight dual sport is in production, with more than 5,000 units to be sold at various international KTM dealers this year, though not stateside.
Speaking of the Freeride 350, KTM says to serve up the pure fun factor principle, KTM’s development technicians have gathered up all their collective offroad knowledge to come up with an all-round bike that weighs less than 217 lbs. And thanks to the most modern engine technology it is also homologated for road use.
“With 23 horsepower, the 350-cc four-stroke single is powerful on all terrains but never too powerful to handle. The all-new composite frame supports both the Freeride concept and the specially developed suspension and brake components.”
Attached above is a video of the new KTM Freeride 350.
2012 KTM Freeride 350 Specs:
- Design : Single-cylinder, 4-stroke, spark-ignition engine, liquid-cooled
- Displacement: 349.7 cm³
- Bore: 88 mm
- Stroke: 57.5 mm
- Starting aid: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed, claw shifted
- Engine lubrication: Forced oil lubrication with 2 Eaton pumps
- Primary gear ratio: 24:73
- Secondary gear ratio: 11:48
- Cooling system: Liquid cooling system, continuous circulation of cooling liquid with water pump
- Clutch: Wet multi-disc clutch / hydraulically operated
- Ignition system: Contactless, controlled, fully electronic ignition system with digital ignition timing adjustment
- Frame: Perimeter steel-aluminum composite frame
- Fork: WP Suspension4357 MXMA
- Shock absorber: WP Suspension 4618 PDS DCC
- Suspension travel front: 250 mm
- Suspension travel rear: 260 mm
- Brake system front: Formula disc brakes
- Brake system rear: Formula disc brakes
- Brake discs – diameter front: 240 mm
- Brake discs – diameter rear: 210 mm
- Chain : 5/8 x 1/4″ X‑Ring
- Steering head angle: 67°
- Wheelbase : 1,418±10 mm
- Ground clearance (unloaded): 325 mm
- Seat height (unloaded) : 895 mm
- Total fuel tank capacity approx.: 5.5 l
- Unleaded premium fuel (95 RON)
- Weight without fuel approx.: 217 lbs.