Icon Introduces Compound Motorcycle Gear
Icon Motosports recently introduced a new family of gear with the Compound series.
The Compound line delivers premium protection and style that that has come to be expected from Icon Motosports; it offers a hybrid-style in both a textile and mesh option which are sure to meet the demands of any rider.
Following the success of the Icon’s Arc Jacket, the Compound Jacket built on that momentum and was constructed with a hybrid-styling focus, half leather and half textile.
The high-tenacity leather/textile construction reduces weight allowing for an increased ease of movement.
The Compound Jacket is also available in Icon’s abrasion resistant Fighter Mesh, which keeps riders safe and cool on the road.
With either jacket option safety is a top priority, which is why the Compound Jackets are both built with removable CE armor in the elbow and shoulder areas, The upper back area is equipped with a removable dual-density foam back pad and articulating plastic plates to increase the jackets protective envelope.
To deliver complete protection, Icon also offers riders the Compound and Compound Mesh Overpant that zips securely to the jacket.
The Compound Overpant is constructed with dual full-length zippers, which make suiting up or down a simple task. Both styles offer expansion panels in critical areas, which increases the overall comfort and keeps the knee impactor panels in their proper position.
Finally, the Compound series provides riders with the option of either a Compound Mesh Short Glove or a Long Glove. Both gloves are constructed from an abrasion resistant premium grade battlehide goatskin on the palm and finger gussets, while added reinforcement is issued with the ThermoPlastic knuckle.
The hi-flow backhand mesh on both gloves creates the perfect combination of airflow and protection needed during the summer months.
Additional product specifications are below. The Compound Line is available from your local Parts Unlimited dealer starting in the spring. To find a dealer near you or to check out other Icon new products from Icon Motosports, please visit RideIcon.com.
Icon Compound and Compound Mesh Jacket Product Information:
- Icon Sport Fit
- Durable textile and 1.2-1.4mm leather chassis (Compound Only)
- Fighter Mesh and 1.2-1.4mm leather chassis (Compound Mesh Only)
- Removable Icon Field Armor CE elbow & shoulder impact protectors
- Removable Icon dual-density foam back pad
- Articulating external injection molded plastic back plate
- Ratchet waist adjuster straps
- Gathered stretch panels for comfort and flexibility
- Upgradable to Stryker CS back protector
- Compound Jacket available in Stealth, Blue, Green, Grey, Orange, and Red
- Compound Mesh Jacket available in Red, Grey, Stealth, and Blue
- Compound Jacket: SM – 2XL $320, 3XL – 4XL $350
- Compound Mesh Jacket SM – 2XL $290, 3XL – 4XL, $320
Icon Compound and Compound Mesh Overpant Product Information:
- Icon Overpant Fit Pattern
- Durable leather and textile chassis (Compound Only)
- Durable leather and Fighter Mesh chassis (Compound Only)
- Removable/adjustable CE knee impact protectors
- Two-way side zipper
- Adjustable waist straps
- Ratchet waist closure
- Ribbed flex panels on knees
- Zippered side pockets for secure storage
- Compound and Compound Mesh Overpant available in White and Black
- Compound Overpant: Waist 28-44, $350
- Compound Mesh Overpant: Waist 28-44, $350
Icon Compound Mesh Short and Long Glove Product Information:
- Abrasion resistant premium grade battlehide goatskin palm and finer gussets
- Padded double-layer abrasion zone palm construction
- Pre-curved palm and finger design
- ThermoPlastic knuckle
- Embossed neoprene flex panels in critical areas
- Hi-flow backhand mesh for ventilation
- Over the cuff gauntlet design (Long Glove Only)
- Adjustment strap at wrist (Long Glove Only)
- Short Glove available in Green, Black, Blue, Red, and Grey Long Glove available in Red, Black, Blue, and Grey
- Short Glove: SM – 4XL, $70
- Long Glove: SM – 4XL, $90
Icon does not exist within a vacuum. We are both influenced by and influence the greater world of motorcycling. That world extends far beyond the ‘stunt’ community for which we are most closely associated. Indeed – fighters, rats, sportys, choppers, cafes, flattrackers, roadracers, scooters, antiques, minibikes, and oddball mashup customs have an equal place under the Icon tent. Combine these cultures with our fundamental goal of championing the street riders cause (i.e. protecting your ass) and you have the core of we the brand we call Icon.