2012 KTM Limited Edition Motocross Motorcycles
KTM more than proved itself in 2011, taking both the MX1 and MX2 FIM World Motocross championships.
And due to this, the Austria-based motorcycle manufacturer has released two limited-edition factory versions of the championship winning bikes of Tony Cairoli (MX1 Champion) and Ken Roczen (MX2 Champion). Only 500 models of each motorcycle will be produced, and each one will be individually numbered.
The Carioli 350 SX-F is the second consecutive replica that honors the 26-year-old Italian.
KTM says "In his two seasons on the revolutionary bike this exceptional rider has registered no less than 23 race wins. The replica of his world champion machine is not only a logical consequence for the brand that is always ‘Ready to Race’ but also a tribute to the MX1 Champion."
The other tribute motorcycle was built to honor MX2 rookie Ken Roczen, who had 19 race wins aboard the KTM 250 SX-F. The 17-year-old German gave KTM its fourth consecutive MX2 Title in 2011, following Marvin Musquin in 2009 and 2010, and Tyla Rattray in 2008.
KTM says: "The 2011 ‘factory’ bike. Release of both of these models, which reflect the true ‘Ready to Race’ spirit of the brand like no other KTM machine, begins now!"
KTM 250 SX-F and KTM 350 SX-F Factory Edition Highlights:
- Exclusive Red Bull Factory graphics of both World Champions
- Akrapovic Factory titanium exhaust manifold and silencer
- Motor 250 SX-F with performance kit
- Machined factory clutch cover
- Orange central double-cradle tubular frame from 25CrMo4-Steel
- Motor Protection from high-strength Aluminum
- Black EXCEL-Wheels front and back
- Front Brake Disc Protection
- Factory Triple Clamps, orange anodized
- Black Renthal handlebar 827 + Renthal Soft Grips
- KTM Design Hand Guards
- Factory Start System
- Hour counter
- SXS Seat
- Stickers individually numbered between 1 and 500