Casey Stoner: MotoGP Wrap & Wallpaper
2011 MotoGP Top Stoner Pics
Throughout the 2011 MotoGP Championship, Casey Stoner simply dominated. And with his domination came some great photography, the best pics of 2011 shown above that make some great wallpaper for Stoner fans.
The Australian made his debut on the Repsol Honda the best year of his career, the 26-year-old taking 16 podiums in 18 rounds, including 10 wins.
But it didn’t take Stoner all 18 rounds to take the 2011 title; he clinched the championship at Round 16 in Phillip Island, his home round.
During the 2011 MotoGP year, Stoner also qualified the RC212V on the pole an impressive 12 times. He is now tied for the record of most poles in a season with Mick Doohan.
Stoner’s only trouble of the 2011 GP season came when he was involved in the controversial crash with Ducati Team’s Valentino Rossi at Round 2 in Jerez; the Rossi/Stoner crash caused a DNF for Stoner.
Casey Stoner’s 2011 MotoGP Stats
- Victories in 2011: 10
- Poles positions in 2011: 12
- Podiums in 2011: 16
- First race: 1989 (Started in dirt track and longtrack).
- First Grand Prix: 2001 British GP (125cc)
- First Pole position: 2003 Italian GP (125cc)
- First fastest lap: 2003 Catalunya GP (125cc)
- First podium: 2003 German GP (125cc)
- First victory: 2003 Valencia GP (125cc)
- World Championships: 2 (MotoGP in 2007 and 2011)
- Total Grand Prix Starts: 161 (30 in 125cc, 31 in 250cc and 100 in MotoGP)
- Poles: 37 (2 in 125cc, 2 in 250cc and 34 in MotoGP)
- Podiums: 78 (10 in 125cc, 10 in 250cc and 59 in MotoGP)
- Victories: 39 (2 in 125cc, 5 in 250cc and 33 in MotoGP)
Click motorcycle thumbnail to expand. Right click motorcycle wallpaper to download.