2012 Star Road Star Silverado S | Preview
2012 Star Motorcycle
Classic bagger styling is found everywhere on the 2012 Star Road Star Silverado S: color-matched locking hard sidebags, touring rider seat and passenger seat with back rest, medium-sized windshield, chrome accents and floating floorboards for both pilot and passenger, and a heel/toe shifter.
And with a 4.5-gallon gas tank and estimated 36 mpg from the 102 ci V-Twin with fuel injection, the rider of the Silverado S can enjoy these amenities for miles upon miles.
The Road Star Silverado S provides maximum comfort, power and styling, all with an MSRP of under $16,000.
Following are the highlights, specs, color option and MSRP for the 2012 Star Road Star Silverado S.
2012 Star Road Star Silverado S Highlights:
- 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled, pushrod OHV 48-degree V-twin pumps out huge amounts of torque barely off idle for brisk acceleration and fantastic overall cruising performance.
- Computer-controlled fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under nearly all conditions.
- Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and less maintenance. Ceramic composite cylinder bore plating ensures greater durability and optimal heat dissipation.
- Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission delivers outstanding cruising performance with low rpm at highway speeds.
- Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter and helps centralize mass by helping keep overall engine height to a minimum.
- Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto decompressor for easy, dependable starting.
- Two-into-two exhaust system features beefy, staggered shotgun dual pipes putting out a soulful V-twin exhaust tune.
- Solid-mounted engine housed in specially designed rigid-look, double-cradle frame features a stylish 32-degree rake.
- Extra-long 66.5-inch wheelbase creates long and low retro profile, added rider comfort and well-balanced handling.
- Telescopic 43mm front forks with stainless-steel covers and 5.5 inches of travel stylishly smooth out the bumps.
- Out-of-sight link-type, preload-adjustable rear shock provides 4.3 inches of wheel travel for great handling and a plush ride.
- The Silverado S comes equipped with 16-inch cast wheels. Tubeless tires are used for a classic, yet sporty look while providing confidence-inspired handling and excellent grip.
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature four-piston calipers with aluminum pistons and sintered brake pads for strong, linear stopping power, backed up by a 320mm single rear disc.
- Lightweight and high-strength final drive belt provides long life and quiet operation.
- Industry-leading Star family fit and finish feature rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer features a stylish design and provides easy reading of odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and fuel gauge as well as low fuel, high beam, turn signal, neutral and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- LED taillight and clear turn signal lenses with amber bulbs for a custom look, great visibility and reduced current draw.
- Full-size floating-type rider and passenger floorboards are roomy and comfortable.
- A two-piece heel/toe shifter, and braided stainless clutch and throttle cables add even more comfort and style.
- 4.8-gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light means exceptional cruising range.
- Seat and fork locks both integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- Handy underseat helmet holder.
- Powerful 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and comes with beautiful chrome finish.
- 12V 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
- Stainless steel braided throttle and clutch cables.
2012 Star Road Star Silverado S Specs:
- Type: 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 97mm x 113mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.3:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed, wide-ratio; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Belt
- Frame: Steel; hidden shock
- Suspension / Front: 43mm fork; 5.5-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; 4.3-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Brakes / Back: 320mm disc
- Tires / Front: 130/90-16
- Tires / Rear: 150/80-16
- Wheels: 9-spoke cast
- Length: 98.4 in
- Width: 38.6 in
- Height: 59.1 in
- Seat Height: 27.9 in
- Ground Clearance: 5.7 in
- Wheelbase: 66.5 in
- Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gal
- Fuel Economy: 36 mpg
- Wet Weight: 773 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2012 Star Road Star Silverado S Color Option/MSRP:
- Lunar White Pearl / $15,590
Available from October 2011Google+