2012 Honda Fury | Preview
2012 Honda Motorcycle
Introduced in 2010, the Honda Fury looked like anything but a Honda. From its low slung styling to the radically-raked front end, the Fury became the first chopper ever built by the Japanese marquee, a company known for its performance CBRs and (LARGE) touring machines, such as the Gold Wing.
And for 2012, Honda continues to offer the Fury (VT1300X) as a carry-over model from 2011, with optional ABS; the only thing new about the 2012 Honda Fury is it’s offered in a new aggressive color scheme: Matte Black paint with a red frame.
The 2012 Fury is powered by a fuel-injected, 1312cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin with a single-pin crankshaft and dual balancers. This brings smooth, muscular power to the Fury’s extreme design, one that features long lines, a 200mm-rear tire and much space between the engine’s front cylinder and the frame.
But if the designs not radical enough, Honda offers loads of Honda Genuine Accessories, from fork nut covers to a billet master-cylinder cap.
Following are the specs, color options and MSRP for the 2012 Honda Fury.
2012 Honda Fury Specs:
- Model: VT1300CX / VT1300CX ABS
- Engine Type: 1312cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
- Bore and Stroke: 89.5mm x 104.3mm
- Compression ratio: 9.2:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 38mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Suspension Front: 45mm fork; 4.0 inches travel
- Rear: Single shock with adjustable rebound damping and five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.7 inches travel
- Brakes Front: Single 336mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear: 296mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Optional ABS and CBS (VT1300CX ABS) will be available in Black color only
- Tires Front: 90/90-21
- Rear: 200/50-18
- Wheelbase: 71.1 inches
- Rake (Caster angle): 32°
- Trail: 92mm (3.6 inches)
- Seat Height: 26.9 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gallons
- Estimated Fuel Economy: 45 mpg
- Curb Weight: 666 pounds (VT1300CX) / 681 pounds (VT1300CX ABS)
2012 Honda Fury Color Options/MSRP:
- Matte Black/Red / $13,390
- Ultra Blue Metallic / $13,390
- Black / $13,390
- Black ABS (ABS available in Black color only) / $14,390
Available January 2012