2012 Honda Motorcycle
When something performs ahead of the rest, and gets credit for winning more AMA and World Supersport Championships than any other middleweight sportbike, why change things?
This seems to be the thinking behind the engineers of the CBR600 RR, a sportbike that hasn’t changed since its last major revision in 2009, which was also the first year the Combined ABS braking system was offered (C-ABS).
In 2009, the bike received some engine upgrades to improve upper RPM torque along with redesigned fairings, but nothing changed for 2010 and 2011 except for color options.
This is also true for the 2012 Honda CBR 600 RR; the only new feature is a red color option, which has the stylish Honda wing (white) partially covering the upper part of the side fairings. And the white wheels offered with the red bring true CBR fans directly back to the F1 and F2 years.
The bike is still available in black also, but red is the only colored offered with C-ABS. This C-ABS is a true “brake-by-wire” design, which means that they are electronically controlled. Unlike conventional ABS, where the feel at the lever is soft due to hydraulic pressure, the C-ABS offers a more responsive brake-lever feel.
And like always, the Honda sportbike receives a one-year warranty, and can be customized with many Honda Genuine Accessories, such as Color-matched Seat Cowl, Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame, Standard Cycle Cover, Racing Cycle Cover, U-Lock, Carbon Fiber Front Tank Trim, Fuel Lid Cover, Tank Pad, and Knee Pads.
Following are the specs, color options and MSRP for the 2012 Honda CBR600 RR.
2012 Honda CBR 600 RR Specs:
- Model: CBR600RR / CBR600RR C-ABS
- Engine Type: 599cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke: 67mm x 42.5mm
- Compression ratio: 12.2:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Induction: Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) with 40mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #525 O-ring chain
- Suspension Front: 41mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.3 inches travel
- Rear: Unit Pro-Link HMAS single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.1 inches travel
- Brakes Front: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with 310mm discs
- Rear: Single 220mm disc; Optional Honda Combined ABS (CBR600RR C-ABS)
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear: 180/55ZR-17 radial
- Wheelbase: 53.9 inches
- Rake: 23.5°
- Trail: 97.7mm (3.9 inches)
- Seat Height: 32.3 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
- Estimated Fuel Economy: 40 mpg
- Curb Weight: 410 pounds (CBR600RR) / 434 pounds (CBR600RR C-ABS)
2012 Honda CBR 600 RR Color Options/MSRP:
- Red / $11,540
- Black $11,540
- Black C-ABS (C-ABS only available in Black) $12,540