The FIM released the provisional 2012 MotoGP calendar Tuesday. No additional tracks were added to the 18-race schedule.
Germany is still on the schedule, but the track is to be determined; the usual Nurburgring is up on the contract.
Many rounds were switched around from the 2011 schedule, with the US rounds (Laguna Seca, Indinapolis Motor Speedway) running back-to-back: Laguna Seca on July 29 and Indy on Aug. 19.
Also like last year, the two races that don’t feature support classes (Moto2 and 125cc) will be the Netherlands and the USGP at Laguna Seca. It is likely that AMA Pro Racing, which includes AMA Superbike, AMA Daytona Sportbike and AMA Supersport, will run in conjunction with MotoGP at Laguna.
2012 MotoGP Schedule (provisional)
- April 15 / Qatar*: Doha/Losail
- April 29 / Spain (STC): Jerez de la Frontera
- May 6 / Portugal (STC): Estoril
- May 20 / France: Le Mans
- June 3 / Catalunya: Catalunya
- June 17 / Great Britain: Silverstone
- June 30 / Netherlands**: Assen
- July 8 / Germany (STC): TBC
- July 15 / Italy: Mugello
- July 29 / United States***: Laguna Seca
- August 19 / Indianapolis: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- August 24 / Czech Republic: Brno
- September 16 / San Marino & Riviera di Rimini: Misano
- September 30 / Aragon: Motorland
- October 14 / Japan: Motegi
- October 21 / Malaysia: Sepang
- October 28 / Australia: Phillip Island Ricard Tormo
- November 11 / Valencia: Valencia
* Evening race
** Saturday race
*** Only MotoGP class