2012 Husqvarna Motorcycle
The rules may have changed for the grassroots 125cc two-stroke motorcross class, but the fun-factor remains the same.
Staying current with the updated rules of the class, Husqvarna returns for 2012 with the CR 125, which arrives with its newest feature – 144cc top-end bore kit including cylinder and piston. When installed, it gives the CR 125 more power, providing Husky fans with a bike that features a low-price point paralleled with the easy maintenance of a two-stroke.
The high-whining 124.8cc (without bore kit) single-cylinder two-stroke features a TMX38 carburetor, V-Force reed valves and a Ducati Energy digital ignition. This is all hooked to a six-sped transmission, which is operated by a Brembo hydraulic clutch. Brembo also supplies the brake hydraulics, which are paired with Braking rotors.
In the chassis department, the the CR 125 has the same updated frame as Husqvarna’s WR125; the all-black chromoly frame features “higher rigidity for better performance and longer life.”
The suspension remains unchanged from 2012, the CR 125 arriving with a premium Kayaba 48mm closed-cartridge fork and proven Sachs single-shock.
Husky says along with the other shared changes across the Husqvarna line of motorcycles – silver anodized Excel rims and new black/red IPD (in-mold plastic design) graphics – bodywork on the CR125 features new airbox protection for the 2012 model.
Following are the highlights, specs and MSRP for the 2012 Husqvarna CR125 two-stroke dirt bike.
2012 Husqvarna CR125 Highlights:
- NEW CR125 comes with 144cc top-end bore kit including cylinder and piston
- NEW All-black chromoly frame reinforced for greater tensile strength
- NEW IPD (in-mold plastic design) graphics in striking new black/red color scheme
- NEW Silver anodized Excel rims
- Kayaba 48mm closed-cartridge fork and Sachs shock provide a plush ride
- Trimmed with race-tested premium components like Ducati Energy digital ignition, Brembo brake hydraulics and Magura aluminum handlebar
- Compact, lightweight 124.8cc two-stroke motor with 38mm Mikuni TMX carburetor
- V-Force reed valves
- Quick-adjust clutch perch
2012 Husqvarna CR125 Specs:
- Engine: single-cylinder two-stroke
- Displacement: 124.8cc
- Bore x Stroke: 54 x 54.5mm
- Gears: 6
- Starting: kick
- Front Suspension: 48mm Kayaba closed-cartridge
- Rear Suspension: adjustable Sachs shock
- Fuel Capacity: 2.25 gal
- Wheelbase: 57.5 in
- Seat Height: 38.8 in
- Curb Weight: 202.8 lbs
2012 Husqvarna CR125 MSRP: