2012 Yamaha Tenere
A new adventure motorcycle that arrived from Europe, the Yamaha Super Tenere immediatley became a hit when it hit US shores this past May.
The 2012 Yamaha Tenere is powered by a compact 1199cc parallel twin with a 270° crank intended to enhance torque and traction, as both pistons fire closely together, giving it the feel of a big-bore thumper with less vibration.
The Super Tenere is Yamaha’s answer to such bikes as the BMW R 1200 GS, Triumph Tiger 1050, KTM Super Moto Touring SMT and Ducati Multistrada 1200.
Yamaha says: “The Super Tenere is built for adventure. Engine mass is kept low for excellent handling. The narrow 2-cylinder inline engine is slim and compact for carving tight lines in twisty mountain roads.”
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere XTZ12BB; XTZ12BL Motorcycle Specs:
- Engine Type: 1199cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke 2-cylinder DOHC
- Bore x stroke: 98.0 x 79.5mm
- Compression ratio: 11.0:1
- Fuel delivery: Fuel Injection with YCC-T
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: Constant mesh, 6-speed
- Final: Shaft
- Front suspension/front: Telescopic fork, 43mm tube, adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping, 7.5″ travel
- Rear suspension: Monoshock, adjustable preload and rebound damping, 7.5″ of travel
- Front brakes: Dual 310mm hydraulic disc, ABS/Unified Brake System
- Rear brake: 282mm single disc
- Front tire: 110/80R 19M/C
- Rear tire: 150/70R 17M/C
- L x W x H: 88.6″ x 38.6″ x 55.5″
- Adjustable seat heights: 33.26″ or 34.25″
- Wheelbase: 60.6″
- Rake: 28.0°
- Trail: 4.9″
- Fuel capacity: 6.0 gallons
- Wet weight: 575 pounds
- Colors: Raven; Blue
Right click Motorcycle wallpaper to download or click motorcycle thumbnail to view.