2012 Harley Street Glide | Preview
2012 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle
When Harley-Davidson introduced the Street Glide in 2006, it wasn’t that popular, the stripped-down tourer featuring the smaller, 88 ci and five-speed transmission.
That changed in 2007, when Harley offered the Street Glide with the 96 ci and 6-Speed transmission; the motorcycle known for it’s batwing fairing and low suspension was more successful.
But Harley took the Street Glide FLHX one step further for 2012, offering it with a rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103 V-Twin engine that produces 100 ft. lbs. of torque.
Although more power, the 2012 Street Glide still arrives rolling on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and a stout swingarm “developed to withstand the demands of long-haul touring riders and today’s powerful engines.”
The power of the Twin Cam 103 is transferred to the ground through a 6-Speed Cruise Drive transmission with integrated Isolated Drive System (IDS). And stopping all this power is a Brembo 4-piston front and rear caliper with dual front rotor brake system.
Other amenities on the 2012 Harley-Davidson Street Glide for the touring motorcyclist are air-adjustable rear shocks, full-length rider foot boards, a height-adjustable passenger footboards and a six-gallon fuel tank to go the distance.
Following are the highlights, specs, color options and MSRP for the 2012 Harley-Davidson Street Glide.
2012 Harley-Davidson Street Glide FLHX Highlights:
- NEW Rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103 V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) with heated O2 sensors and Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
- NEW Tubeless Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option
- NEW Paint color options
- Security Package Option including factory-installed Harley-Davidson Smart Security System with hands-free fob and Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Sculpted seat for added comfort and easier straddling
- Custom floorboard for comfort and confidence
- 18-inch front wheel with a lower-profile, 130/80B18 tire
- 2-into-1 exhaust and single, four-inch-diameter chrome muffler
- Red stop/turn/tail lights with chrome bracket that doubles as a visor over the low-mounted license plate
- Black powder-coated powertrain with chrome covers
- Black, Slotted Disc cast aluminum wheels
- Lowered rear suspension
- Bat-wing, fork-mounted fairing with smoke, mini wind deflector and fairing-mount mirrors
- Chrome, low-profile fuel tank console
- Deep FL front fender with no trim
- Stainless steel, classic touring handlebar
- One-piece, two-up Street Glide seat with perforated insert
- Injection-molded hard saddlebags with color- matched latches; 26 cu. ft. volume
- Inserts fill the spaces between the saddlebags and the rear fender
- Silver-faced, fairing-mounted electronic speedometer and tachometer plus fuel, voltage, oil pressure and ambient air temperature gauge
- Streamliner footboards, brake pedal and passenger pegs
- 40-watt, two-speaker Advanced Audio System by Harman/Kardon with CD/MP3 player
- Tri-line LED rear fender tip light
2012 Harley-Davidson Street Glide FLHX Specs:
- Air-cooled Twin Cam 103 with Integrated Oil-Cooler
- Displacement (in./cc): 103/1690
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive
- Miles Per Gallon: 42 MPG combined City/Hwy
- Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters): 6/22.7
- Power: 100 ft. lbs @ 3250 rpm
- Length (in./mm): 95/2413
- Seat Height (laden) (in./mm): 26.1/663
- Wheelbase (in./mm): 63.5/1613
- Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series, bias blackwall front and rear
- Front: D408F BW 130/70B18 63H
- Rear: D407 BW 180/65B16 81H
- Front: Back Slotted 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum 18 in. x 3.5 in. (457 mm x 89 mm)
- Rear: Black Slotted 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum 16 in. x 5 in. (406 mm x 127 mm)
- Optional Style: Tubeless Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced
Weight (as shipped):
- 785lbs. /356kg.
2012 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Color Options/MSRP:
- Vivid Black / $19,499
- Big Blue Pearl / $19,994
- Ember Red Sunglo / $19,994
- Black Denim / $19,994
- Tequila Sunrise/H-D Orange / $20,499