2012 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Lo | Preview
2012 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle
The Harley-Davidson Fat Boy epitomizes the slammed boulevard cruiser look, but The Motor Company took it one step further with the Fat Boy Lo, which offers an even lower, darker appearance.
The FatBoy Lo has appealed to the rider who seeks that aggressively low cruiser look, and it returns badder than ever for 2012 with a bigger motor. Replacing last year’s 96 V-Twin is the Rigid-mounted, counter-balanced Twin Cam 103B V-Twin engine.
And added to the usual black-bullet hole wheels and denim black frame are some new controls; the 2012 Fat Boy Lo features a low-profile, 1.25-inch internally-wired handlebar.
Add anti-lock brakes and a 6-speed transmission, and the idea of your typical boulevard cruiser just took on an entirely new meaning.
Following are the highlights, specs, color options and MSRP for the 2012 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Lo.
2012 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Lo Highlights:
- NEW Rigid-mounted, counter-balanced Twin Cam 103B V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- NEW Low profile, 1.25-inch internally-wired handlebar
- NEW Paint color options
- Seat is lower and narrower for an easy reach to the ground
- Leather tank panel with Harley-Davidson® medallion
- Satin-chrome tank console and side badges
- Bullet Hole Disc Cast Aluminum wheels with black centers and machined outer rims
- Denim Black frame, swingarm, front shock covers, derby cover, horn cover, coil cover, oil tank, and air cleaner cover
- Gloss Black triple clamp covers and nacelle, headlight bucket, air cleaner cover trim ring, rear fender supports, footboards
- Black powder-coated powertrain with satin-chrome covers
- Rear suspension lowered 1.15-inch
- 200 mm rear tire
- Over/under shotgun exhaust with satin-chrome mufflers and muffler shields, and flat-black header shields
- Half-moon black rider floorboards
- Stainless steel 1.25-inch, internally-wired handlebar
- Rolled edge front fender
- Full-coverage rear fender
2012 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Lo Specs:
- Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103B
- Displacement (in./cc): 103/1690
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive
- Miles Per Gallon: 42 MPG combined City/Hwy
- Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters): 5/18.9
- Power: 98.7 ft. lbs. @3000 rpm
- Length (in./mm): 94.3/2395
- Seat Height (laden) (in./mm): 24.3/616
- Wheelbase (in./mm): 64.5/1638
- Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series, radial blackwall front and rear
- Front: D408F 140/75R17 67V
- Rear: D407 200/55R17 78V
- Front: Black Bullet Hole Disc Cast Aluminum 17 in. x 3.5 in. (432 mm x 89 mm)
- Rear: Black Bullet Hole Disc Cast Aluminum 17 in. x 6 in. (432 mm x 152 mm)
- 700 lbs./318kgs.
2012 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Lo Color Options/MSRP:
- Vivid Black / $16,649
- Big Blue Pearl / $17,034
- Brilliant Silver Pearl / $17,034
- Black Denim / $17,034