2012 Harley-Davidson Night Rod | Preview
2012 Harley Night Rod Special
Ten years after its inception, Harley-Davidson’s V-Rod is still known as the ultimate “muscle bike.”
And for 2012, Harley has released three editions of the VRSCDX V-Rod – a 10th Anniversary, a Muscle and the Night Rod Special discussed here.
The Harley-Davidson Night Rod is the most sinister of the group, arriving with blacked-out, no BS styling. The Night Rod edition of the V-Rod features a “tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, and improved ergonomics with reduced reach to both the rider footpegs and handlebar.”
And of course it arrives with all the muscle from Harley-Davidson’s Revolution 1250cc engine, a liquid-cooled V-Twin with dual overhead camshafts, four-valve cylinder heads and Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI).
After transferring through an Assist and Slip clutch, five-speed transmission, and carbon-fiber belt drive, all this power is laid to the ground on a 240mm tire. And when it’s time to stop the Harley-Davidson Night Rod, braking comes through the high-tech Brembo braking system, featuring triple discs with optional anti-locking braking system (ABS).
2012 Harley-Davidson V-Rod Night Rod Features:
- Harley-Davidson Rubber-mounted, liquid-cooled, 1250cc Revolution engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI); 125 hp @ 8,250 RPM; 85 ft. lbs. @ 7,000 rpm.
- Straight-shot exhaust with brushed finish dual mufflers; black end caps and exhaust shield.
- NEW Black, split five-spoke cast aluminum wheels are three pounds lighter than previous wheels.
- NEW Tapered tail section with flush-mount LED taillight.
- NEW Pullback handlebar places controls three inches closer to the rider and optimizes overall feel with a low, wide position.
- NEW Reduced reach, forward-mounted rider footpegs.
- NEW Inverted front forks.
- NEW Two-up seat with custom stitching.
- NEW Stylized, black speed screen visor.
- NEW Slim design, center-mount license plate.
- NEW Graphics options include Sedona Orange or Vivid Black with perforated graphics on the side of the air box and tail section, and Denim Black with orange racing stripes.
- Black powder-coated engine with black covers.
- Blacked-out frame, handlebar, front fork, triple clamps and covers.
- Sport front fender with painted brace supports.
- 240 mm wide rear tire.
2012 Harley-Davidson Night Rod Colors/MSRP:
- Vivid Black: $15,299
- Black Denim, Sedona Orange: $15,609