2012 Harley-Davidson V-RodIt’s already been 10 years since Harley-Davidson introduced their famed muscle bike, the V-Rod. And to celebrate the occasion, H-D released the V-Rod 10th Anniversary Edition as on one of three new editions in its 2012 VRod lineup (Muscle, Night Rod).
The 10th Anniversary Edition (VRSCDX) features a custom Silver Pearl bodywork with color-matched frame, and of course all the speed screen, extra chrome and polished surfaces the V-Rod is known for.When the V-Rod was first introduced in 2002, it featured a 1130-cc, 6-degree Revolution V-Twin engine with a 9,000 RPM. Over the years, Harley continued to enhance the V-Rod, and the 2012 edition features the 1250-cc, liquid-cooled Revolution engine.The 10th Anniversary VRod’s powerplant features dual overhead camshafts, four-valve cylinder heads, and Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI). This is all laid to the pavement through an Assist and Slip Clutch, five-speed transmisson, high-performance carbon fiber drive belt to the 240-mm Michelin Scorcher rear tire. Stopping all this VRod muscle is triple-disc Brembo brakes, with an optional for factory ABS; ABS is part of the optional Security Package that also includes the Smart Security system with proximity-based, hands-free security fob.2012 Harley-Davidson V-Rod 10th Anniversary Edition Features:
- Rubber-mounted, liquid-cooled, 1,250 cc Revolution engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI); 125 hp at 8,250 rpm; 85 ft. lbs. of torque at 7,000 rpm.
- NEW Straight-shot exhaust with dual, chrome slash-cut mufflers and chrome exhaust shield.
- NEW Split five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels with diamond cut highlights.
- NEW Pullback handlebar with polished finish.
- NEW Inverted front forks in silver and polished finishes.
- NEW Stylized, chrome speed screen visor.
- NEW Graphics include V-Rod® 10th anniversary emblem.
- NEW Chrome powertrain with platinum crankcase and heads.
- 240 mm wide rear tire.
- MSRP: $15,999.