AMA Superbike: Mid-Ohio Qualifying
2011 AMA Superbike
For the first time in the 2011 AMA Superbike series, someone other than Team Graves Yamaha’s Josh Hayes will start from the pole position.
The reigning AMA Superbike Champion was beat at Mid-Ohio qualifying by his main rival, Blake Young. The Rockstar Makita Suzuki GSX-R1000 pilot posted a 1:25.025, which was 0.336 of a second quicker than Hayes.
The Jordan Suzuki GSX-R1000 ridden by Roger Lee Hayden will start third, with Larry Pegram’s BMWS1000RR taking the final front-row position.
Starting from the first spot on the second row at Mid-Ohio will be Young’s teammate Tommy Hayden. The older brother of MotoGP Ducati’s Nicky Hayden will be joined on the second row by Steve Rapp (San Diego BMW S1000RR), Ben Bostrom (Jordan Suzuki GSX-R1000RR) and Chris Peris (Team Ironhorse BMW S1000RR).
The AMA Sportbike grid will return on track at 3:15 p.m. for Race 1 today (Saturday). The second race is set for 3:30 p.m. Sunday; both races will be 21 laps.
2011 Mid-Ohio AMA Superbike Qualifying Results
1. Blake Young, Suzuki GSX-R1000: 1:25.025
2. Josh Hayes, Yamaha YZF-R1: 125.361
3. Roger Lee Hayden, Suzuki GSX-R1000: 1:25.459
4. Larry Pegram, BMW S1000RR: 125.459
5. Tommy Hayden, Suzuki GSX-R600
6. Steve Rapp, BMW S1000RR
7. Ben Bostrom, Suzuki GSX-R1000
8. Chris Peris, BMW S1000RR
9. Martin Cardenas, Suzuki GSX-R1000
10. Chris Fillmore, KTM RC8R
11. David Anthony, Suzuki GSX-R1000
12. Geoff May, Buell (EBR) 1190RS