2012 AMA Supercross Schedule
2012 AMA Supercross Schedule
The 2012 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Schedule was recently released. The 17-race SX schedule features a new stop in 2012 – the home of the New Orleans Saints, the Superdome (April 14).
The Superdome was featured on the 2009 Supercross list of dates, when Yamaha’s James Stewart was victorious en route to his second AMA SX Title.
As in 2011 Supercross, a FIM Championship, the series will begin 2012 in Angel Stadium (January 7) and conclude in Sam Boyd Stadium, Las Vegas (May 5).
Todd Jendro (Senior Director of two-wheel operations, Feld Motor Sports) says: "The 2012 Monster Energy Supercross schedule is the map to the coveted championship trophy. While 2011 is the greatest season ever, it is a primer for 2012. The returning veterans and the youthful challengers are the perfect blend for a parity-driven championship."
Vito Ippolito (FIM President) says: "The 2011 season once again proved that the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, is a real thriller. Who would have thought that heading into Las Vegas, the championship would be so close? Supercross remains the excellent showcase for FIM motor sports that it always was and keeps the fans on their toes throughout the entire Championship.
"It is still the FIM’s wish to take Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship global. Still, we are pleased to see that there are once again 17 events on the 2012 calendar and we can start to count down the days separating us from the first race in Anaheim on January 7, 2012."
Rob Dingman (AMA President & CEO) says: "As 2011 proved, the Monster Energy Supercross championship has always been about combining the best racers on the planet and one of the most accessible and fan-friendly stadium-based events you’ll see anywhere.
For 2012, we’re proud to work with our promotional partner, Feld Motor Sports, to deliver the exciting racing, compelling stories and intense thrills of supercross to fans and new audiences worldwide."
2012 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Schedule:
- January 7 / Angel Stadium, Anaheim, Calif.
- January 14 / Chase Field, Phoenix
- January 21 / Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
- January 28 / Overstock.com Stadium, Oakland
- February 4 / Angel Stadium, Anaheim, Calif.
- February 11 / Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego
- February 18 / Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, Texas
- February 25 / Georgia Dome, Atlanta
- March 3 / Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis
- March 10 / Daytona Int’l Speedway, Daytona, Fla.*
- March 17 / Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis
- March 24 / Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON
- March 31 / Reliant Stadium, Houston
- April 14 / Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans
- April 21 / Qwest Field, Seattle
- April 28 / Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City
- May 5 / Sam Boyd Stadium, Las Vegas
*Not a Feld Motor Sports event – this date is independently promoted by Daytona International Speedway and the International Speedway Corp.