2012 Suzuki Motorcycle
Last year’s AMA Motocross and Supercross Champion Ryan Dungey proved the Suzuki RM-Z450 has the competitive edge in regards to off-road motorcycles.Due to performance obviously up to par, Suzuki didn’t want to change too much on the RMZ450 for 2012. But there were some subtle changes for weight reduction and additional power, and some styling enhancements.The 2012 Suzuki RM-Z 450 features a fully-adjustable Showa inverted front suspension, fuel injection, and the four-stroke, liquid cooled motor.And when it comes to putting this power to the ground, the RM-Z450 features a lightweight, twin-spar aluminum chassis and swingarm. The 2012 RM-Z450 also meets AMA noise limits (94db) without affecting engine performance.2012 Suzuki RM-Z450 Features:Key Features
- The RM-Z450 meets a stricter AMA noise limit (94db) while keeping smooth engine output.
- Suzuki’s class-leading fuel-injection system uses technology derived from Suzuki’s championship-winning models. The RM-Z450, the first motocross bike to ever use fuel injection, has won both outdoor championships as well as a Supercross championship.
- The RM-Z450’s 449cc four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve, fuel-injected engine was developed and refined to deliver phenomenal idle-to-redline thrust.
- The lightweight, battery-less, motocross-use electronic fuel injection system uses progressive throttle linkage for efficient power delivery.
- A 12-hole fuel injector delivers a fine fuel/air mist for efficient operation.
- The RM-Z450’s aluminum cylinder is treated with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating, and was built for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
- A 5-speed transmission provides extra flexibility, offering gear ratios suited for various terrains and conditions.
- The RM-Z450 has a link-type shifting system, which offers smooth transitions through the gears.
2012 Suzuki RM-Z450 SpecsChassis
- The RM-Z450’s slim chassis design makes for a comfortable riding position, opening up the cockpit to help allow the rider to actively take control of the machine.
- Class-leading 47mm Showa inverted forks provide optimum wheel travel and are compression- and rebound-damping adjustable.
- A Showa piggyback-reservoir rear shock with high/low-speed compression damping adjustment and rebound damping and spring preload adjustments. The rear shock, working through Suzuki’s superlative rising-rate linkage system, provides 310mm of wheel travel, delivering maximum traction.
- The RM-Z450’s twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm was developed and refined for a highly optimized balance between rigidity and superb high-speed traction. The lightweight swingarm helps enhance terrain-traversing performance over bumps.
- Race-inspired disc rotors offer enhanced cooling performance and efficient mud slinging.
- A stylish two-tone radiator shrouds accentuate the RM-Z450’s agile looks.
- The RM-Z450 comes with a gripper seat, with projected cross-shaped patterns on the top surface to provide additional grip.
- Overall Length 2190 mm (86.2 in)
- Overall Width 830 mm (32.7 in)
- Wheelbase 1495 mm (58.9 in)
- Ground Clearance 325 mm (12.8 in)
- Seat Height 955 mm (37.6 in)
- Curb Weight 113 kg (249 lbs)
- Transmission 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive Chain, DID520MXV4, 114 links
- Suspension Front Telescopic inverted, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear Swingarm, link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front Disc brake
- Brakes Rear Disc brake
- Tires Front 80/100-21 51M, tube type
- Tires Rear 110/90-19 62M, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity 6.2 L (1.6 US gallons)
- Engine 449cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore Stroke 96.0mm (3.780 in) x 62.1mm (2.445 in)
- Compression Ratio 12.5:1
- Fuel System Suzuki fuel injection
- Starter Primary kick
- Lubrication Suzuki Advanced Sump System (SASS)
- Ignition Electronic ignition (CDI)